Chapter 38

6 MONTHS LATER

POV of Jisoo

"Our company is having a thanksgiving party in a few minutes and here you are acting as what the CEO should do."

Someone said which made me raise my head, it is grandpa. He entered my office and roamed around freely.

"Just reviewing some proposals before the event." I said as I turned my attention to what I am reading.

Our company or should I say Jennie decided to throw a mid-year thanksgiving party for what we have achieved for the past months. Everyone in the board supported her idea since they say it will be good for all the employees to enjoy a good party to honor their hard work.

"I must say you really did good these past few months." Grandpa said, "New projects and awards for the company." He continued as he raised one of the trophies that the company won last month.

"It's the responsibility that has been given to me, might as well do it properly, right?" I said and raised my head to look at him.

"Right," He said as he stopped at the side table in my office, "this was given by Rosé, right?"

I just nodded in response and turned back in reviewing the proposals. On the side table is the displayed set of plates that Rosé gave me. The set was composed of a plate for me, Rosé, and the baby which shows our name written on it. It arrived with a letter the day after Rosé left without saying a word.

Dear Jisoo,

I'm supposed to give you this personally as a gift and to tell you about the baby, but I guessed some plans really don't go as we wanted to. I'm sorry for leaving you without saying anything. It's just too hard for me to leave you behind but I had to.

~Rosé

It's the pottery set that she personally made when we go to that pottery shop. I was about to hide it, but I chose not to and let it be a reminder that I have a family that will come back to me soon.

(Hopefully.)

"No one can stop you in terms of bringing this company into success, but why does bringing back your family seem to have a huge wall that you cannot climb?" Grandpa said as he holds the plate that has a written "baby" on it.

He is right. These past months I've been working my ass off as if there is no tomorrow and all of them kept on telling me to rest but I did not listen to them. As to Rosé, I was so courageous to chase her at that time to the point that I'm willing to receive all the punches that Jeongyeon threw just to pass through, but after that confrontation of ours I decided to stop.

(I felt afraid that the more I chased her, the more she would have a reason to run away from me. I am afraid that it would be the reason to not know anymore where she is.)

"I just gave her what she wanted." I answered him.

"Or are you afraid?" His question made me raise my head to look at him and gave him a frown, "Are you afraid that she would run away and one day you will wake up not knowing her whereabouts?"

I went silent from what he said. I lay back to my chair and turn to the window which shows me the city lights.

"Maybe I am."

Grandpa made his way to the couch and sat there. We somehow became close because of the events that happened. We have become more understanding towards each other these days.