Twenty Four

<Kaycee POV>

June 5th

It's exactly 7:56 and Sean still hasn't left for his date with Tate. Maybe he cancelled. The lunar eclipse is at 10:30 tonight and I'm so pumped. I mean who wouldn't be. Who doesn't want to see when the moon passes directly behind the Earth and into its shadow. Like that's crazy. 

I was currently lying on Sean's bed while he was in the shower. He's usually not one to take a shower a this time, but who am I to question.He walked out his hair dripping wet, grey sweatpants and of course no shirt. I smiled at him warmly before I sat up on the bed.

But he completely ignored me and went straight towards his cupboard. He was tossing clothes all over the place. What was he doing?  Is he seriously going to get dressed up just to watch the lunar eclipse, now that's a different level of commitment.

'Hey Sean, you know you don't have to get dressed up' I told him.

'What?' He asked turning his head back to me.

'I mean why would yo-' but he cut me off.

'Kayc, what would Tate think when I show up at her house dressed in sweats for our date?' Sean chuckled.

'Date? Now?' I asked feeling slightly sick. ' it thought we were going to watch the-'  

'Oh my God, Kayc. Did we have plans for today?' Sean asked standing up and walking towards me.

'Oh-um. I mean uh- No. no we don't.  think I just got the days wrong. Yup. Sorry I thought that today was Saturday' I lied.

'Are you sure, Kayc' he asked.

'Yup, positive. 100% sure' I told him getting off the bed and walking towards his cupboard. 'Here, let me help you pick out an outfit. Oooh, you know what you should wear. this' I told him handing him over the red dress shirt he wore for The Cut in a World of Dance. He looked at me worried as he took the shirt out of my hands and slipped it on.

'Kayc, are you sure that-'

'Yup. Do you want me to help you get anything for Tate? Flowers? Chocolate? Jewelry?' I asked him fast.

'Um- it's okay. Are you okay Kayc.' He asked taking a step closer to me.

'Why wouldn't I be?' I fake laughed, scratching my head.

'Okay then I'm going to head out now. Are you sure we didn't make any plans for today?' He asked me one last time.

'I told you Sean. I'm positive. Now, go have fun and enjoy your date.' I told him pushing him out the door.

And that is exactly how my plans for today got crushed. He forgot. I can't belive he forgot.  

 I always thought that Sean would be that person who would watch the stars and the moon with me. But I guess it's my fault for being so stupid for thinking that he could possibly like me.

<Sean POV>

Kaycee pushes me out the house as I jumped into my car and drove myself over to Tate's house. But I couldn't push out the image of Kaycee's disappointed face when I told her I was going on a date. Did we have plans for today?

I brought the car to a stop before searching through my calendar for any details of what would happen today. Nope, nothing. All it said was my date with Tate. I pushed the thoughts out of my head as I continued my drive to Tate's house.

.

'Hello Sean, come in, come in' Tate's mom said welcoming me into their house. 'Tate's just finishing up getting ready. I'll show you to your little date area' Her mom said excitedly.