Thirty Eight

<Kaycee POV>

June 12th

'Ooh Kaycee baby come here... I've missed you so much' Jojo exclaimed running up to me.

'I've missed you too Jojo' I chuckled.

'It's been forever' Jojo said exasperatedly.

'It really has. I can't wait to learn your choreo' I replied breaking the hug.

'Well I better get started with setting things up. I'll talk to you after class' Jojo shouted walking over to the sound system.

Mhm, you guessed it. I'm at Jojo dance class. If I'm going to be honest, the only reason I actually agreed to come was because it wasn't a partner class so I don't have anything to worry about. We were dancing to God is a Woman by Ariana Grande. I can't wait.

'Let's go stretch' Tahani said pulling me to a corner. 'I told you people would miss you. I mean how could they not. You are THE Kaycee Rice' Tahani laughed.

'Stop it T' I huffed.

'So... have you got a date for prom yet?' Tahani asked me changing the topic but to my dismay not to one I wanted to talk about.

'Nope' I replied leaning over to my left side stretching my muscles.

'Well... I know you didn't ask me but, I got one' Tahani whispered squealed.

'What?! No way. How? Who?' I asked shocked.

'Well don't freak out but...Josh asked me out' Tahani whispered excitedly. 

'Oh my God, Im so happy for you' I told her giving her a small hug.

'Im happy too.' She whispered getting flustered.

'Your in deep' I said mimicking what she had told me before about Sean. 'It's not a crush it's love'  I continued earning a slap on my arm.

'Ow T, that hurts' I whined rubbing my arm. She rolled her eyes before her smile widened as she waved someone over. Oh no, don't tell me. No T, stoppp.

'Hey guys' Josh greeted sitting down beside us along with Sean, Julian and Josh Beauchamp. 

 'Hey Josh' Tahani greeted back, her face reddening.

'What got you blushing so hard?' Julian laughed looking over at Tahani.

'N-nothing' Tahani replied. Julian looked at everyone questionigly until he set his eyes on me. My eyes wavered before I broke.

'Josh asked Tahani to prom' I whispered. Everyone let out a gasp except for Josh and Tahani. Josh looked down at his fingers while Tahani glared at me. 'Sorry T' I said looking at her apologetically.

'Dude, you didn't tell us' Julian exclaimed punching his shoulder.

'Well now you know' Josh laughed. Everyone started talking about prom as more and more people started to file into class. Damn. Jojo's class was definitely sold out today. I looked over at Julian who was talking to Sean.

Why does Sean have to look so good? Not fair.

I let my eyes wander to every single person until they landed onto Josh B. He was already looking at me, his eyes wandering up and down my body. Weird. I felt an unpleasant shiver run down my spine as I gave him a fake warm smile.

'Okay class, are you ready? Let's go' Jojo shouted causing everyone to cheer. I looked over at  Josh B again as his eyes stayed focused on Jojo. Thank God.

<Sean POV>

We had sat down with Kaycee and Tahani. And just like I expected Kaycee didn't even make eye contact with me. She probably barely noticed me, but she stuck out like the sun on a cloudy day. She looked radiant. 

She was wearing black leggings with mesh sides and a black hoodie. But what caught my eyes, was her hair. It was lying past her shoulders in so many beautiful curls. Just how I liked It.

She scanned her eyes across the room until they set onto Josh B. Gross. He was looking her up and down until Jojo came in.

.

'Take a breather, guys and then we'll start filming' Jojo exclaimed turning the music off.

Everyone filed to the sides as they talked and took a quick drink of their water. Tim started a conversation with me as we talked about upcoming classes and projects.

'Everyone ready? Lets start' Jojo screamed. Jojo went first and of course she nailed it. Next up, went Tahani, Josh  and Julian. Josh B got a solo as well as me.

'Last up, I would like to have Miss. Kaycee Rice up here' Jojo squealed. Everyone cheered as Kaycee got into her first position. She moved fluidly to the rhythm of the music as everyone cheered her on and started to jump up and down. Damn. God really is a woman.

'Oh my God, loveyyy' Jojo squealed running up to her. 'That was amazing'

'Thank you' Kaycee replied shyly walking back to stand beside Tahani.

'Well that concludes my class today. Thank you to everyone who came. Y'all were outstanding. Keep dancing' Jojo shouted dismissing everyone.

Everyone walked back to their bags and waved bye to everyone as they all left, leaving only myself, Kaycee, Tahani, Josh, Julian, Josh B and a few random others in the room.

I plopped my bottle back into my bag before slinging it over my shoulder. I looked for Julian since he was my ride back home when my eyes landed onto Josh B. He was walking smoothly to Kaycee until he asked the dreaded question.

<Kaycee POV>

'Girl, that was just wow' Tahani screamed. I chuckled at her before packing up to go home. 'You're actually unreal' Tahani continued.

'Shush T' I replied shaking my head. I heard footsteps coming close to me until they stopped right behind me. Curious, I turned around to be met by Josh B.

'Hey Kaycee. You nailed that dance' Josh said smiling warmly.

'Thanks and so did you' I replied. He stood there shifting his weight between each foot. 'Are you okay?' I asked him feeling slightly uncomfortable with him just standing randomly right in front of me.

'Um yeah... I was just wondering if you'd like to go to prom with me?'

AN| DUN DUN DUUUUUN. BEFORE I FORGET I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU GUYS. BECUSE OF YALL, IVE NOT ONLY SURPASSED 8K READS, IVE ALSO BEEN RANKED #1 IN KAYCEERICE. THATS UNREAL. THANK YOU SO MUCH.🥺🥺

DO YOU THINK KAYCEE WILL SAY YES TO JOSH???

MAKE SURE TO COMMENT, FOLLOW, VOTE AND SHARE.

LOVE YOU GUYS,

XXX