Thirty Four

<Kaycee POV>

'That's sounds like S-Sean' Tahani muttered as she covered her mouth with her hands.

'No he didnt' Kylie whispered.

'What the hell?' Bailey raged. I just sat there expresssionless as I pressed play on the audio file again and again, letting the sound consume my thoughts. My hands began to tremble as tears started to form in my eyes. You better not cry in a public place, Kaycee.

'Maybe it's time to get you back home?' Bailey said squeezing my hand.

'Yeah I agree. Let's go K' Kylie insisted standing up. I looked over at Tahani, she hasn't said anything in awhile. She's usually the one to talk non stop.

'Tahani...' I asked quirking m yeyebrows at her.

'Who the fuck does he think he is? He's completely ditching us just cause he's got a girlfriend. I'm not going back home until I talk some sense into him' Tahani gritted walking straight out of the store and back up the escalator. No T, no.

Myself, Bailey and Kylie all ran up behind Tahani as we tried to stop her, but damn she can run fast. When we finally caught up with her, she was already standing right in front of Sean, her hands curled into fists and her jaws clenched. Uh oh.

'You absolute asshole' Tahani started. 'You've really changed Sean and I know I'm not the only one who hates it.' Tahani bellowed.

'Woah, woah, woah... what are you talking about?' Sean asked, eyebrows quirked.

'So now you're trying to tell me that you didn't say 'I hate Kaycee' Tahani mimicked.

'W-what? How?' Sean asked looking over at Tate, who just shrugged her shoulders, smirking.

'Don't act so stupid' Tahani spat.

'Tate?' Sean asked looking over at her once more. She pouted her lips as she intertwined their fingers together. Yuck.

'Ohh. So now you're gonna pretend like you don't know... give me your phone K' Tahani instructed. I took my phone out of my bag and handed it to her carafeully. She unlocked it with her fingerprint before playing the audio on repeat.

'So you don't know what this is?' Tahani questioned Tate.

'Oh that's what you're talking about... whats the big deal? If Sean doesn't like Kaycee then so be it' Tate smirked.

 'Oh you bitch' Tahani snapped. 

'K-Kayc I-I'm so sor-' Sean started.

'Don't you dare ever talk to her again' Tahani said angrily.

'Kayc, I'm really sorry' Sean said again. I just looked down since I couldn't even bring myself to meet his eyes.

'Are you trying to make matters worse for yourself? I said don't talk to her' Tahani gritted before turning raround, grabbing my hand and leading me out. Things just got worse in a matter of seconds.

<Sean POV>

The second they all left, I turned to look at Tate. She had a smug smile on her face as she watched them leave. How could she?

'Why did you do that?' I asked her calmly, talking my hand out of hers and walking out of the mall.

'I don't even see the big deal' Tate responded.

'Well I do. Why did you send that, wait no why did you even record it in the first place? It was meant to stay between me and you' I said growing angry.

'You can't blame me for something you said, Sean' Tate quipped.

'I've been trying to make this relationship work, Tate. I've practically lost all my friends so that I could be with you.' I started.

'So' 

'So? I'm done with relationship. I knew I shouldn't have dated you the second you shit talked about Kaycee' I gritted.

'Hah... are you seriously trying to defend Kaycee now? It's too late for that dont you think? And if I were you I wouldnt break up with me, cause you have to spend three months with me in France' Tate smirked. Fuck. What have I gotten myself into?

'We're over Tate and that's final. I'll  work something out about France. I'll drop you back home if yo want, but this is the last time' I snapped hopping into my car. She followed suit as she buckled up and stayed silent the rest of the car ride. And for that I was grateful. There goes my first girlfriend... and all my friends.

<Kaycee POV>

As soon as I got into Tahani's car I started to sob as I leaned into Kylie. 'There, there. It'll be okay' Kylie comforted me.

'No it wont' I cried.

'It will, If you believe It will' Kylie told me.

'How am I meant to believe it will when he practically just told me that he hates me' I sobbed.

'He didn't mean it K' Kylie whispered.

'Yes, he did' I muttered.

'If T hadn't cut him off, he would have aploogised'

'But that's  not gonna change the fact that he hated or hates me' I whispered.

'He loves you too much, K to hate you' Kylie whispered back.

'He doesn't love me. He never has' I said crying louder.

'I wouldnt say that K. He was head over heels for you before Tate came back' Bailey chimed in from the front.

'No he wasn't. He was just acting that way cause he was my best friend' I said trying to muffle my cries.

'Nah uh' Bailey whispered before I continued wetting Kylie's shirt with my tears once more.

<Tate POV>

So that is definitely not what I planned to happen. I guess I hadn't really thought this through because now Sean broke up with me. I just wanted him to love me the way he loved Kaycee. Whenever we talked, he always brought up her name. His eyes would glisten and he would smile widely at the mention of her.

Why couldnt the that be me? He was so in love with her and I knew what I was getting myself into when we started dating. I just thought that maybe I could be his number 1 but I guess feelings don't change. He was too in love with Kaycee to even notice me.

AN| SO HOW ARE YOU LIKING THIS BOOK?  ITS DEFINITELY TURNING OUT LONGER THAN EXPECTED.

DO ANY OF YOU GUYS FEEL SORRY FOR TATE? I FELT LOW KEY REALLY BAD FOR MAKING HER THE BAD GUY, SO I WANTED TO GIVE YALL AN INSIGHT ON WHY SHE WAS SO 'MEAN'. (P.S. I love Tate in real life.) 

TANK YOU GUYS FOR 7K READS. ❤️❤️❤️❤️🥺🥺🥺🥺

MAKE SURE TO COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW, AND SHARE

LOVE YOU GUYS,

XXX