Chapter 3: Friends?

Remus got his schedule and started off walking to social studies with Lily. Remus was so thankful to have Lily in every class with him, but fourth period. That was the only class he was worried about, but her class for fourth period was right next to Remus' fourth, so if anything went wrong he had Lily next door.

Lily and Remus walked into their social studies class seeing the teacher right in front of the class smiling, a small one, but it's still there.

"Nice for you to join us Ms. Evans."

"Sorry Professor Binns. I was with the new student bringing him to Headmaster Dumbledore to get his schedule."

"I can see that. And what would your name be, Mr?"

"Lupin. Re—" Remus got cut off by a,

"Hi Lily! Hi Remus!"

Remus looked to see who had said hello to him. What he saw was a familiar raven head boy with round glasses and turned a bit pale. He still was a bit frightened of this boy due to this morning's incident.

Remus then looked towards Lily to see a tint of pink on her cheeks with a look of embarrassment and disappointment on her face.

"Thank you Mr. Potter for Mr. Lupin's introduction. Even though I'm aware that he didn't quite need it since he has his own mouth to talk through."

James looked like a guilty reck at this point. Nervously laughing and all.

The two walked towards the front of the room, for that's where the only two seats that were left where, and down on each side of James. The teacher started his lecture with ever student listening, but mentally falling asleep, until five minutes in James decided to whisper to Remus, "Um...Remus..? I just want to say sorry for what happened this morning and all. Heck! You didn't even walk into the school yet and I gave you a fright."

"It's ok James. If I'm really going to be honest with you though...I haven't even been to a real school like this. I've always been home schooled by my mom and sometimes dad. I'd always isolate myself and never really went out of the house to go be social with anyone. Especially people around my age. The only times I would go out of the house was to go visit family or just go on walks around my neighborhood at night."

"So you're not so used to social interaction really. So that means you can be a bit shy at times without really meaning to because you're not to used to it?"

"Exactly."

"Also...why do you go on walks at night though? You know it's really dangerous to go out at night. Especially when there's a full moon."

"Where I live isn't that dangerous so I go with the flow and just deal with it I guess?" Remus put it as more of a question though. He knows that his neighborhood is dangerous. It's flooded with werewolves just like himself, but he can't say that to the raven, especially in a public place. Heck he doesn't even trust Lily enough to tell her his secret of him being gay! He will one day though, but just never about him being a werewolf. It will put them at too much risk if they know, and maybe they'll turn him in? No! Don't think about it right now, it's something that he doesn't need to worry about, unless it comes to extreme measures that it has to come to that.

"Remus!?" James basically yelled in his face.

"Potter detention!" Professor Binns squawked at James.

"But—"

"No buts!"

"Hmph!"

"I-I'm sorry James..." Remus was very sincere about this.

"It's not your fault Remus," James reassured. "But as I was trying to tell you before you decided to zone out on me, do you maybe wanna be friends?"

Remus was shocked about this, but gave a genuine smile and nodded a yes. James gave a bright smile back and gave a little friendly shove on Remus' shoulder.

Before they knew it, the bell rang and Remus got up with his new friends James and Lily and went off out of the classroom.

"So I see you're now friends with Remus now James?" Lily pointed out.

James responded with, "Sure am Lily bug! And I cannot wait for you to be officially introduced to Sirius and Petes! So where you off to now Remus?"

"Where I'm heading now is—" Remus paused a moment to look at his schedule to officially answer with, "—chemistry with Slughorn."

"Nice...wait a minute! I'm in that class too and so is Petes! And that beautiful Lily bug of course."

Lily rolled her eyes at James' comment.

"Too bad Sirius isn't in that class with us. You can at least you can officially meet Peter at chemistry and Sirius later."

Remus nodded to the gesture and the three students continued to walk to their chemistry class before the bell rang.