Chapter 19: First Date

It's the end of the school day on Friday, four days after Sirius asked Remus to be his boyfriend and to go on a date with him. Remus is so ecstatic and has been in such a bright mood all week. At first period on Monday Remus told Lily all that happened before classes started and Lily was so excited for Remus.

Today Lily was coming over to help Remus prepare for his date that's tomorrow night. Because of this she decided to sleepover at Remus', with permission from both their parents of course.

Right now both friends are sitting on the floor of Remus' room talking about what to do to prepare.

"Ok Remus. First things first is that do your parents know about the date because you've been hiding this from them. Scared that they aren't going to allow you because of what happened on that full moon," Lily commented. 

Yes, Remus never told his parents about his date and getting together with Sirius officially. The reason was because of what Lily said. He was scared of what they would say because of what happened at the last  full moon that occurred. Lily tried to tell him that it was fine and that they knew that Sirius sacrificed himself to his family just for Remus. Lily wasn't there, but she basically got the whole story from James and Peter. From what they said Remus' parents quite respected Sirius more than they did before.

"Come on Remus!" yelled Lily. She knew that he didn't tell them because of that guilty look he had on his face. "You have to tell them! You can't hide it forever. You have to tell them at one point."

"Tell who what?" Lyall, Remus' father, asked.

"N-nothing dad!" Remus stuttered our.

"Remus," Lily said sternly.

"Fine! Where's mom dad?"

"Downstairs. Why?"

"I need to tell you something."

"Ok then. You look pretty serious about this, so I'll go get your mother and come down when you're ready."

"Thanks dad."

Then he left his room. Once he did Remus turned to Lily and gave her I-hate-you look. She shrugged it off and headed downstairs with Remus on her tail.

Once they got downstairs Hope, Remus' mom, greeted the two kids with, "Hello you two! You said you wanted to talk to us about something Remus?"

Remus nodded, too afraid to speak at the moment, and sat down with Lily beside him.

"So what is it that you wanted to talk to us about Remus?" Hope asked her son.

"Well..." he started. "You see...it's about Sirius and I..."

"What's wrong?" Lyall asked. "Something happen between you two?"

"You can say that. Well...Sirius asked me to be his boyfriend."

Both parents were silent, but they don't look angry.

"And I said yes."

Still no response, but still no movement of disappointment or anger.

"Then he asked me to go on a date with him tomorrow night at six and I said yes."

They looked the same as they did before.

"Are you guys mad? Disappointed?"

"Why in the world would we be mad or disappointed? All you did was tell us you have a boyfriend, that's Sirius, a human, and that you're going on a date with him. I don't see anything wrong with that," Hope responded with Lyall nodding in agreement to what his wife said.