Chapter 7: Vampire

"Why did Remus just leave like that all of a sudden?" Sirius asked, still confused as to why his friend just went up and left. "And plus he left all his stuff here," he added.

"His parents don't want him to be out during a full moon," Lily answered. "No sleepovers, no nothing."

"But doesn't the sun go down like right now?" Peter asked, but it was more of a rhetorical question.

Silence filled the room until Sirius spoke out, "We have to go find him and get him back to the house where it's safe! Plus, he's not prepared for what could be out there! Like he said and as well as me, it's dangerous!"

"What do you mean by prepared!?" Lily exploding the question.

"You have to be prepared Lils! It's not my first rodeo out there!"

"That means we have to grab him now!"

"I think it's a bit too late to go out there unprepared guys..." Peter pointed out looking outside through the window.

James joined Peter and said, "Oh no..."

At this point the four friends looked at the dark streets of James' neighborhood to see the bright full moon, with wolves starting to appear left and right and people running into their homes. No vampires to be seen though, so that was a good sign, right? The four didn't know what to do, but they knew that they had to head out there in the dark night to find their friend, dead or alive. Hoping not dead though.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It's been about a hours of the four friends getting ready to find their friend that ran out of the door out of nowhere.

"Are you sure we should be doing this?" Lily asked with a lot of worry in her voice.

"Lily do you want your friend to be dead or alive with us!? Because the only option for us is to be out there, find him, and bring him back here safely," Sirius explained with even more worry and panic in his voice compared to Lily.

"Sirius wants to protect his prince?" James asked jokingly.

"James there's no time for jokes!"

"Wow...thought I'd never see the day where Sirius ever said that."

"James not now! We're all worried for Remus here, so don't go bringing Sirius' feelings into this." Lily almost yelling at James.

Yeah Sirius admitted his feelings for Remus about three days ago when James kept nagging Sirius about it. Remus was with a teacher asking them a question for a project they were doing so he wasn't around at the time. Sirius got so fend up with him so he just blurt it out to James, Peter, Lily, and four other people named Molly, Arthur, Frank, and Alice. He didn't mean for the other four people to hear, but they were just there so now they knew as well, but they didn't mind. They already knew about Sirius being bisexual, heck the whole school knew about Sirius being bisexual.

The four were now ready to go out and save their friend. James opened the front door for all of them to be hit by a cool autumn night breeze. Once they stepped outside they looked around to think the same thing, out here was much more creepier then they thought.

"Ok...let's go find Remus," Sirius spoke.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sirius, Peter, James, and Lily have been walking for about a hour and a half now and still no Remus.

"I cannot believe I actually agreed to come out here with you guys," Lily stated and continued to say, "I feel like we're never going to find him at this rate."

"Lily we can't give up on Remus! I know it's scary and all, but we would be out here all night looking for you if you were in Remus' position. Dead or alive."

"Sirius is right Lily bug," James said in a calm tone, so out of character in his opinion.

"G-guys..?" Peter said in shaking fear.

"Not now Peter," Sirius said. "Now I think we shou—"

"B-but guys..!"

"What is so important right now for you to interrupt me Pe—"

What stood in front of them was a vampire sucking the life out of a little girl who looked about five years old. The vampire had black hair that blended in with the night sky, pale, white skin that looked like a ghost. As the giant misquote finish up his meal he looked up with piercing, blood red eyes to see the four friends and gave a wicked grin. Out of nowhere the vampire grabbed Sirius into a hug motion so he couldn't escape.

The vampire then spoke, "Well, well, well...what do we have here!? More humans!"

"Sirius!" Lily shrieked.

"Please let him go!" James pleaded.

Peter was too in shock with fear that he could say anything. He looked like he was about to faint in that point in time.

"Let me go you bitch!" Sirius struggling to get out of his grasp.

"Language dear boy...you don't want those words to be your last now do you?"

The vampire was about to go for a bite of Sirius' neck and all Sirius was able to do was squirm and yell for him to let go. James was so scared for his friend, but he couldn't do much either, but watch, Lily couldn't move, she was just stuck in place, and poor Peter looked like that fainting was an option at that point.

The vampire licked Sirius' neck and was about to bite down and suck the blood out of him, until there was a sound. The sound was of a bush shaking and a growl.

"What was that!?"

"What was what?" Sirius questioned with a confused face displayed.

Before anyone else could say anything else, a wolf appeared from a bush in a ready to attack stance. The vampire looked like he was about to shit his pants when he saw the wolf. He was about to make a run for it with Sirius until the wolf pounced onto the vampire's leg and took a good chunk of it off. The blood sucking beast let out a cry in pain and let go of Sirius. Once Sirius was free from the vampire's grasp he tripped towards his friends in great fear that he was going to be next meal of the wolf. The vampire used his speed to get out of there leaving the friends and wolf there in a silence.

The wolf dropped the piece of the blood sucking beast's leg with de taste. Looks like the wolf doesn't like the taste of vampire Sirius though.

"P-please don't hurt us..." Lily begged quietly.

The wolf looked at them with a look that they couldn't decipher, but it definitely wasn't hunger. It started to walk towards them, but mainly towards to where Sirius stood. He didn't move from the wolf, but was entirely confused of what the wolf was doing. Once the wolf was close to Sirius he cuddled up to his leg. Everyone stood wide eyed at this. Sirius then decided to bend down to the wolf and bet him.

"Guess R-Remus was right," Peter stated. "Werewolves are as harmful as we may think. Well to us at least."

"Yeah..." Sirius added still looking at the beautiful gentle wolf in aw.

The wolf had beautiful, soft brown fur with white tips at his ears and tail and his eyes were a golden, amber kind of color. Kinda reminded him of someone.

After a few minutes the four decided that they needed to get back to James' house, so that's what they did. They started to walk there with the wolf accompanying them so they don't run into trouble again.

They got back a few minutes before midnight with the wolf needing to leave them. If only Remus saw the wolf and his actions...he would have been amazed.