Chapter 5: English Class

The group of five went to the last of their classes with nothing eventful really happening other then Sirius and James earning a detention from Professor McGovern in art class because they thought it was funny to squeeze paint at a boy named Severus Snape. Remus felt kind of bad, but at the same time he should of saw it coming for insulting them both because of how foolish they were being. Apparently though Lily is actually friends with Snape, so Remus was hoping he can get on good terms with him. He didn't need to be friends with him, but he didn't want to be on his bad side because he already deals with Regulus as it is.

The rest of Remus' classes had all his friends in them, so that brightened his day even more to know that he had all his friends at the end of the day. All in all though Remus was happy with his schedule because he had friends in each one.

Now the five friends were on their way to their last period class.

"Who's ready for English class with McGonagall!?" James emphasizes, but also seemed he was talking sarcastically.

"Stop being that way James," Lily said to James. "Besides the only reason why you hate her is because you decide to prank her countlessly with Sirius."

"Oh Lily don't be that way!" Sirius pleaded. "She just doesn't like James and I so she gives us detention randomly when the smallest things happen."

"Really?" Lily questioned.

"Yup!"

"What happened to McGonagall two days ago?"

"She got grape juice thrown at her face," James answered. "Geez Lily bug you were there."

"Yes and how did the grape juice get thrown at her?"

"Sirius and I chucked it at her fa—oh..."

"That's what I thought you two buffoons."

James and Sirius looked pretty guilty. They nervously laughed and scratched behind their heads. Lily just riled her emerald green eyes continued walking side by side Remus and Peter with James and Sirius behind them still looking guilty as ever, but that conversation wasn't going to change their ways of mischief.

The friends got to English class to see a stern looking old lady who looked like she lived in the nineteenth century. Remus made a wild guess that this was Professor McGonagall.

"Good afternoon Ms. Evans, Mr. Pettigrew, Mr. Potter, Mr. Black...good to see you," McGonagall greeting the four. She then turned towards Remus to say, "You must be our new student Mr. Remus Lupin if I'm not mistaken?"

He replied, "Yes that will be me. It's very nice to meet you."

"Very nice to meet you too Mr. Lupin. I see that you have be-friended Mr. Potter, Black, Pettigrew, and Ms. Evans?"

"Yes that would be correct."

"Would you like a tip Mr. Lupin?"

"Sure?"

"Follow Ms. Evans and Mr. Pettigrew's lead. We don't want you causing trouble in my class now do we?" McGonagall smirked.

Remus looked a bit taken back for a moment, but then responded with a smirk of his own, "I wouldn't dream of ever causing trouble here. I've heard from Lily what they did to you two days ago and it sounded awful,"
No hint of sarcasm in his tone spotted, so McGonagall gave him a hint of trust in her facial expression.

"That was not their worst Mr. Lupin, trust me they've done worst."

"Oh I'm sorry. Um..." Remus gestured McGonagall to come closer so he can whisper, "I can get them back for you if you'd like. Nothing too harmful though because I don't want them to get hurt and I bet you don't want them hurt either."

McGonagall smiles and spoke, "Mr. Lupin I believe you and I are going to get along just fine."
Remus smiled back and headed over to sit next to Lily as the rest of the class started to file in.

"So what did you tell her?" Lily asked.

"I told her that I'll get James and Sirius back for all the pranks they've done to the Professor, but not something that will get them hurt."

"Can I be part of this prank? They've done a few pranks on me and Severus and I still haven't gotten them back for what they did."

"I don't see why not."

"Do you know what you're going to do?"

"I do have something in mind, but I'm going to need until after winter break to do this."

"I'll be waiting. Also, if you need anything for the prank just let me know."

"Don't worry I will."

English class went on as normal as it should go with no pranks nor detentions which was nice.

Class then ended and that meant it was time to go home. Remus waved good bye to his friends and left to go find his mom.

Remus found his mom's car and got in smiling and his mom asked, "So how was your first day?"

"I cannot wait to go to school tomorrow!"

That's all his mom needed to hear before driving off to start asking all kinds of questions about his day, how it went, any new friends, how are his friends, the list was endless with questions from his mom and all Remus told her was that he'll tell her when they get home.