Chapter 15: The Prank

Winter break was over and now it was time for everyone to come back to school for the new year that had just been recently been placed upon them.

Remus and Sirius never really talked about them confessing to each other on that Christmas night. Sure they now know about them liking each other now, but it can't just be like BAM we're boyfriends now! No it wasn't like that at all.

Remus actually had a chat with Lily over the break about this and the same went for Sirius with James. Lily told Remus to let it play out, and if nothings happening maybe bring it up and ask. James surprisingly said something very similar of what Lily said to Sirius. That's what they did. They're going to let it play out, if nothing happens then speak up and ask about it.

Another thing that Lily and Remus were chatting about was the prank they were planning on doing to James and Sirius. Remus mentioned it in the beginning of the year and was planning on it happening for when they got back from their break.

It was very hard to come up with pranks that they could do to both the pranksters. They weren't the masters of this, but they were going to come up with something if it was the last thing they do. Remus' parents tried to help, but they were no use because they never pranked anyone either. It took almost the whole break to figure something out, but they ended up figuring something out. It took all their teachers to have this prank settled because it was going to be a whole day prank with something bad happening in each of their classes. Of course they weren't in all Sirius' or James' classes so they had to make sure that they had all their teachers to be part of this. Thank God though that they all had the same teachers except for one or two, but that was it. Now they're back from break and are ready for this prank of theirs to commence.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Classes have passed and now it's lunch time for the students at Hogwarts. Remus and Lily both have been seeing great progress in their plan so far. James has been so confused during this whole thing, even Sirius. These two are prank masters, but they're not seeing the prank that's being played on them.

Right now you don't see it, but the big bang is happening eighth period. So usually teachers would be calling them out during their classes, but so far through out the whole day they've been ignored. Everyone was ignoring them. When I mean everyone I mean everyone. Both Remus, Peter, and Lily are ignoring them, Lily's not a surprise though because she usually ignores them most of the day, but she usually has some side remark for both of them during the day. Remus and Peter are a different story though because they never ignore them. Obviously the teachers are ignoring them. The whole school is even ignoring them. They are so confused about why they are. They didn't see this as a prank or anything because they're like, 'this isn't some sort of prank because it wouldn't be physically possible to get the whole school to ignore two people, especially them, for a whole day'. Little did they know though.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Rest of their classes went by and now they're heading to English class.

"Ok guys why are you ignoring us?" complained James with Sirius nodding in agreement.

"Yeah what did we do? We legitimately just got back from winter break and we come back to the whole school ignoring us, even the teachers!"

"If this is a prank, it's one impressive, but also kind of lame," remarked James.

Oh just you wait James, just you wait.

They didn't talk for the rest of the way to English, but when I mean they I mean James and Sirius.

"Why hello there Minnie!" James said with all the energy he could.

No response.

"Oh no! Not you too Minnie!" Yelled James.

"Oh no! I think something happened James!"

"YOU THINK!? McGanagall always scolds me for calling her Minnie. NOW LOOK WHAT WE HAVE WALKED INTO!"

"A HORROR MOVIE!"

"EXACTLY! OH MINNIE! What has happened to you!?"

Still nothing. She hasn't even made a glance towards them.

"I guess we should just go sit in our seats," Sirius said sadly.

"Yeah I guess," James replied.

Both the boys took their normal seats in front of Remus and Lily very glommed. Sure they may say that they hate McGanagall, but do you think that they actually mean it? She's one of their favorite teachers of all times, but now they're being ignored by even her.

Class goes on, but then something happens. And when I mean something happened I mean that James and Sirius got what was coming for them.

James is is covered in green paint while Sirius was covered in pink paint with glitter covering the coat of paint. What happened? Well what happened is that they just got pranked.

The prank was for them to be ignored all day. Why was that important, well we didn't want someone slipping something up so they had to have that done, and yes the whole school knew what was happening because they didn't want the prank to fail. Now once they were in English class they planned to have the paint and glitter to cover them in a whole one the timer went off. They had a timer with the paint and glitter and once that went off they would get covered in that.

"MY HAIR!" Was all Sirius was able to burst out. Hey the dude likes his hair.

James just laughed it off, but he was really pissed that he was covered in green paint. Out of all colors it had to be green. He'd rather be covered in the pink like Sirius.

The room filled with roses of laughter of the students and McGanagall.

"Now that's going to the photo album," Remus said with laughter still in his voice.

"You did this!?" James asked.

"Well duh," was his only response.

"Remus...I have so much more respect for you now," James said in all seriousness.

"Why thank you."

Sirius was still in a state of shock, but was worrying too much about his hair to say anything, but he still said this to Remus, "Fuck you Moony."

"I didn't know know we were at that part in our relationship Padfoot."

That got Sirius to stop worry about his hair and bursted into laughter at Remus' remark. Remus smiled with only the thoughts of, I wanna see that smile and laughter for the rest of my life.