Chapter 8: Sunday Morning

Sirius walked out of the house with James on a sunny Sunday morning after the night of the Vampire attack and their wolf savior. They went to go get bagels for everyone, with James' parents being home. They weren't home the night prior because of work, but they were perfectly fine, with both being police officers and all they were prepared at all cost.

As they were walking they stopped about three feet in front of what they stopped for. What they were seeing is a passed out Remus with no clothes on, but trash surrounding and covering him.

"Oh my god..." Was all James could say at the moment.

Sirius couldn't move nor say anything for about two minutes, until he finally decided to say, "We need to get him back to your house."

James nodded as Sirius went to pick him up, but before he did that he decided to take his jacket and shirt off to cover up Remus because they felt a bit awkward if they didn't cover the poor boy.

When Sirius was taking the garbage off of him and covering Remus up he noticed something that would end up changing their lives forever, as in the way they thought about Remus. But would their feelings towards them actually change in anyway at all?

"James..?"

"Yeah Sir—"

James looked down at the unconscious Remus and was shocked to see what he didn't expect to see. What they saw was a pair of wolf ears that looked very much real, especially since they saw them twitch a bit a few times, on his head and a fluffy tail that also looked very real on his back side. The ears and tail were like a brunette, golden color that blended in with his hair and white tips at the end of both of the wolf like "accessories".

"James...I believe that their real..."

"Yeah...I believe they are. Especially since I saw the ears twitch a few times."

"I think we should head back to the house and ask your parents about Remus."

"You're right Sirius. Let's get back right away before anyone else sees us, especially Remus for that matter."

Sirius got up with Remus in his arms and started to head back with James by his side.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

As the boys walked in they heard, "Back already guys?" From Lily.

"Yeah, but no bagels with us," Sirius said.

"Why n—" Lily's jaw dropped as she looked at the scene that was in front of her, Remus unconscious while in Sirius' arms. "What happened!?"

"We don't know, but we were hoping that my parents know, or maybe if Remus wakes up he can tell us what happened, if he's up for it of course," James stated.

"Ok, I'll go grab them." Lily started to run up the stairs to go grab Mr and Mrs. Potter.

As she was doing that Sirius and James walked into the living room where Peter was to lay Remus down on one of the couches. Once they did that Peter walked over to them and all they stood in front of the unconscious werewolf, at least that's what they thought because of the ears and tail.

"S-so you really don't know what happened to h-him?" Peter asked quietly.

"No...we don't," James answered. "I'm just hoping that he wasn't hurt last night."

"I'm hoping that—well never mind," Sirius spoke.

"What is it Sirius?" Peter having curiousness in his voice.

"I'm kinda hoping that he's n-not a—"

Sirius got cut off by, "Where's the poor boy?" By a woman who looked like she was in her mid-thirties, and looked like James in a way. Beside her was a man who had a bit lighter hair than the woman, but none the less looked a bit like James.

"Mom, dad right here."

James' parents went over to Remus to look him over, and the news about Remus was shocking, but at the same time a bit expecting.

"Well he looks a hundred percent healthy and all," James' father said, "but the ears and tail are a thousand percent real."

"What!?" Sirius yelled. "H-he can't be...right?"

"My boy," James' father started, "he is a werewolf."

Sirius was shocked at this news. What he was going to say before he was interrupted by James' parents walking in was that he hoped that Remus wasn't a werewolf. Not because he would kill him or not want to be friends anymore or even more, no that wasn't it at all. It was more of him being at risk of getting hurt and Sirius didn't want that for his dear friend. This didn't stop Sirius for his over excitement though. Sure Sirius was worried, how can you blame him for his excitement.

"That's so cool!" Both James and Sirius yelled at the same time.

"Sirius, you confuse me," said Peter.

"Why?"

"Because you were just worried about him a minute ago and now you're as excited as a dog when they receive a treat," Lily answered before Peter could have the chance.

Before Sirius could say anything else the werewolf boy started to stir awake. Everyone froze and stared at the boy as he was fluttering his eyes open. His beautiful, golden, amber eyes. Sirius it's no time for that right now, worry about certain questions you're going to ask him like if he's ok, or even what happened to him to become a werewolf!?

After Remus got his eye lids half-way open he started to sit up and rub his head with his ears down, blending into his hair.

"Wh-where am I? Sirius? James? Lily? Peter? Two adults I don't know?"

"Hello dear," James' mother said with a calm, hushed voice. "How are you doing?"

"I'm tired and my head hurts. Just one question?"

"What is it dear?"

"Where am I and who are you two?"

Before James' mother could say a word James butt in with too much excitement in his voice and said, "You are back at my house and these two old fellows are my parents!"

James earned a slap over his head from Lily after interrupting his mom, but it was mainly because of calling his parents 'old fellows'.

"Thank you Lily," James' mother said.

"It's n-nice to m-meet you Mr and Mrs. Potter."

"No need for the formalities!" James' father reassured. "Just call me Fleamont!"

"And you can call me Euphemia."

Remus blushed a bit at this. He was never told to call any of his friend's parents by their first names so this was gonna be hard to get used to, but he'll try his best to get used to it.

Remus looked down a bit because he was a little embarrassed because he was told to call James' parents by their first names, but there was something there that made Remus scared for his life at this point and time. They know...don't they.