Chapter 12: Winter Break

It was a start of winter break for all the students at Hogwarts. Remus made it through the days with being bullied to being saved by his friends, mainly Sirius though, and he was grateful in so many ways for them.

He was so excited for the holidays because this was a time for laughter and joy. He even convinced his parents to come to James' house for Christmas because they were invited by his parents. This would be the first time Remus' parents got to meet any of his friend's parents and he was quite excited.

Remus' father also took the news of Remus' friends knowing about him being a werewolf. He also, surprisingly, took the Sirius' family being the 'Black of Night' werewolf hunters. Yeah he reacted a bit badly, but after Remus' mom, Hope, butted into the conversation and explaining everything he had calmed down.

There was also another event that had happened during the days at school.

"Hey guys," James has said to break the unbelievable silence between them all. It was just the four boys outside sitting at the courtyard without Lily. Lily was with her other friends and declined to sit with her friends out in the cold November air.

"Yes James?" Remus had replied still looking down at his book that he was reading.

"I was thinking—"

"Oh no...that's not a good sign," Remus marked his place in his book and looked up at James to show that he was listening, as well as Sirius and Peter.

"No I swear that this is actually a good idea I have!"

"Well go on and tell us!" Encouraged Sirius.

"This better not be another plan to try and win over Lily. Because we all know that's not going to work," complained Remus. Hey he was tired of James bring him into his plans to win over Lily. He honestly felt bad for the poor girl, more her than him.

"No I swear on it! Ok so I was thinking that we should have code names."

"Code names?" Questioned Peter.

"Yes code names! And we should also have a name for our group."

"When you say group, do you mean just the four of us?"

"Yes exactly!"

"Ok what should we call our group!" Sirius was so excited about this he wanted to get straight into it.

"Why do we have to name our group first? I think we should come up with our code names first."

"No Rem! We need our group name first!"

"Fine whatever you say."

"How about...James and his Squad!?"

"How about no!" That was a terrible name Remus thought. "How about we do something like..."

"The Woofers!"

"Definitely not Sirius. Where did you come up with that?"

"I don't know. It just popped up into my head," He shrugged.

"H-how about the Marauders?" Peter suggested.

"The what now?" James asked.

"The Marauders? I quite like it!" Explained Remus.

Sirius agreed with his head nodding wildly saying, "YES! I like it! It's got ring to it. Don't you think so James?"

"I actually do quite like it."

"Well it's settled then! We're the Marauders."

"You got that right Rem! Or should I say Moony!?"