Chapter 3 - The Unicorn

As Brooke left the ROR, followed by Tamsin two minutes later and then Ardy followed two minutes later, I followed Arden after two minutes. I decided to head towards the Hufflepuff dormitories, feeling like I'd neglected my other friends today. I entered the common room and noticed Amos on a lounge chair, I sat down next to him. He looked up from his school work.
"Hey Mills."
"Hey Amos, whatcha doing?"
"Transfiguration homework, it's so hard and it's taking me forever!" He complained
Well Brookey would've finished that ten minutes after it had been set, that's because she is a pure genius at Transfiguration.
"Oh shame, sorry I can't help, if it was Care of Magical Creatures I would but it's Transfiguration."
I'm the best at Care of Magical Creatures, it's not really that popular but I've strived during my time here. It's just how we roll in the Angels, Brook is an absolute genius with Transfiguration, Ardy soars above the rest at charms and Tam can whip together a potion out of thin air. It's just how it is.
"Shame Mills, shame."
I smiled and stood up, deciding to go to my dorm. I waved goodbye to Amos and walked up stairs, watching as he returned to his homeworks. Both Hally and Jane were sitting on their beds in a deep discussion.
"Hey." I announced, notifying them of my presence
"Mills!" Jane exclaimed
"Wassup Millie."
"Nothin Much, so what's the goss? Come on spill the tea."
Hally blushed a little and Jane tried to cover up the smirk that threatened to take over her face.
"Our little Hally is growing up, she likes someone."
Hally blushed more and tried to hide her face, Jane now had a smirk on her face, her efforts to hide it futile.
"Ooohhh, who is it?"
"Amos Diggory." Hally whispered
My mouth dropped open, I mean they would be cute and all but Amos Diggory is a player, no offense to him, a really good guy but a player nonetheless.
"Hally..."
"I know, I know!" She exclaimed! "I've heard it all, 'are you crazy?', or 'he'll just hurt you', or this one is the best 'your stupid if you ever think he'll like you back!"
I felt bad for her, Amos is an amazing person but he breaks girls hearts like there is nothing, just something for him to play with and then throw away.
"Hal, I know you've already heard it but Amos is dangerous, I have nothing against him as a person and friend but as a potential boyfriend I'm warning you to try not to go there." Jane said
Poor Hally, Arden kind of has the same problem, I mean she has a crush/is in love with Sirius Black and he is similar to Amos except not as bad.
"I know Jane but it's hard and it doesn't help seeing him make an example out of all the other girls either, it just makes it hurt more because I know it will just happen to me."
I smiled, sympathetically, deciding to be optimistic for her sake.
"You never know, he might change if the right one comes along." I added
Hally smiled and wrapped us both in a hug, a really tight hug.
"Thank you both so much."
"It's fine Hally, really." I whimpered
"Too tight." Jane winced
"Oops sorry." She pulled away with a sheepish smile.
We smiled back, not really concerned at all about anything but keeping her safe from anyone who could hurt her. We then all resumed our previous positions, sitting on our beds and talking, pulling out the snacks that we all brought from home. We shared around the various things, like lollies, chips and different varieties of chocolate.
"Let's get down to business," I started, swallowing my food, "Jane, crushes? Breakups? Fallouts? Give us the details."
She smiled and Hally laughed knowing that Jane was about to be grilled to the bone, the door burst open and our other roommate Katarina walked in.
"No cool girls, not cool at all." Katarina reprimanded
"Nope, we just started Kat, don't worry."
I waved them over and they both sat on their beds and we threw them some food to snack on while we caught them up on what they missed.
"Jane was just about to tell us about her love life at this moment in time, weren't you Jane?"
She laughed and looked down, avoiding our eyes, the first sign that she likes someone if you know what I mean.
"Oh come on Jane, we know that face." Hally teased
"Who is it?" I asked
"The dashing Sirius Black?" Hally guessed
Jane shook her head, okay who else
"The confident James Potter?" Kat asked
Jane shook her head, okay well that's two of the Marauders down, two to go.
"The quiet Peter Pettigrew?" Hally tried
Jane shook her head, well I guess I can try the last Marauders, but please don't make me.
"The genius Remus Lupin?" I asked
She lowered her gaze ever more and that's when it hit me. No, Jane can't like Remus, I mean I love the girl but she will ruin Remook, which is Brook and Remus' ship name in case you were wondering.
"Oh my Gosh! You like Remus!" Hally and Kat squealed
"That's so amazing Jane!" Hally added enthusiastically
"You two would look so cute together!" Kat yelled
Sure they might but Brookey and Remus would look way better, I mean come on they are meant to be.
"Thank You all!" Jane
They all turned to me and I forced a smile, trying my hardest not to allow it to turn into a grimace.
"That's so great Jane, I'm really happy for you."
"Thanks so much Mills, it means so much that you all support me!"
I smiled again, trying to force it go wider, thankfully the others didn't notice that I was not as enthusiastic as usual. I thought about what I needed to say so I could contact the other angels.
Code red! Code red!
Almost instantly I got a reply, feeling a warmth on my chest.
Everything okay Millie? Brooke replied
Yeah Brooke, it's all good, don't worry
I have to see Tamsin and Arden, really soon to put an end to this emergency, if not we could loose our main ship.

AN

Okay so the necklaces are lockets that have a jewel with their house colour on it. They will be explained more in future chapters. I hope everyone enjoys.

The picture in the media is how I see Millicent but with lots of freckles.

Below this author's note is the insignia that appears whenever Millicent does a prank.

Enjoy reading and I'll see you next chapter.

Selectioner4life