Chapter 7 - The Unicorn

I was currently in Care of Magical Creatures, listening to Professor Grubby talk about Dragons. That of course led me to start thinking about Tamsin, then Arden and her theory about Brooklyn being a werewolf, that of course made me think about Brooklyn and the Angels in general. I shook my head to clear my thoughts before listening back into Professor Grubby's speech. We finished our lesson and it was lunch time now so I headed to the great hall, eating quickly before heading out into the courtyard, I had a double study so I headed to the Great Hall with Hally and Jane, I hope Jane doesn't get offended that I seem off with her. It's just hard to accept her feelings for Remus when I've shipped Remook for three years now, you can't expect me to move on that fast.
"Hey Mills can I talk with you a sec?" Jane asked
I nodded and Hally walked ahead of us, I knew exactly what she was going to talk to me about, why I've been distant. I don't want her to get the wrong idea and think that I like Remus but I don't want her to think that it's okay to pursue him.
"Yeah what up?" I asked
She looked down at her feet, took a deep breath before starting to explain.
"Have I done something wrong?" She asked
I went to explain but she cut me off quickly.
"It's just you've been a bit distant lately and I couldn't help but wonder if I did something."
I had to tread carefully here, I can't give her the wrong idea, why couldn't she just like Fabian or something, that would make everything easier!
"No Jane you haven't done anything wrong" I said "I've just been busy lately."
You know, except have a crush on the guy I want Brooke to get with but obviously I can't tell you that, I thought to myself.
"Are you sure?" She asked
I nodded and grabbed her arm.
"Positive, now come one let's go."
She laughed and I dragged her towards the Great Hall to start our study session.
***
It was just before dinner and we had an hour of spare time so I wanted to contact the Angels and see how Brooklyn looks today, none of our lessons crossed over today so I couldn't see her.
I want to see you girls! I asked Can we have a meeting? PLEASE??????
I could hear Brooklyn's musical laughter in my head and it made me smile, Jane looked at me funny.
"What's got you in a good mood?" She asked
"Oh nothing." I replied vaguely
She nodded and continued her conversation with Hally while I waited anxiously for one of the other girls to reply, finally Brooklyn's calming voice filled my mind.
Of course Millie! I miss you too, Ardy? Tammy?
Yep Arden replied
See you in five Tamsin added, designating a meeting time
I looked ahead to see that Hally and Jane had just rounded a corner, perfect time to sneak away from them without being questioned too badly. I ran quietly to the staircases, running up them as they led me to the seventh floor. As I neared the Room of Requirement Brooklyn's voice filled my head again.
I just need to ditch Lily and Marlene, we were walking around but I'll be there in a sec
I laughed, willing for our meeting room to appear, the door magically revealed itself and I opened it before shutting it behind me, I was the first one there. On cue the door opened and in came Arden, who casually walked in and plonked herself down on one of the couches, I laughed and joined her. Then the door burst open and in walked Tamsin, who was recovering from a run I believe, she sat down across from me. Then a second later the door burst open with an almighty bang and in walked Brooklyn, a cheerful smile on her face, but her chest was rising and falling heavily.
"Hey!" She greeted, plonking herself down next to Tamsin.
We all smiled at her, Arden looked at her a little bit weirdly.
"Where were you before?" She asked
"Uh the courtyard?" Brooklyn replied, confused
I realised where Arden was going with this, Tamsin caught on as well.
"Brook did you run all the way here?" She asked
"Uh yeah!" Brooklyn answered with a smile
Mine and Arden's mouth dropped open in shock, Tamsin looked at her like she was some sort of freak of nature and Brooklyn just looked at us, confused.
"How?" I managed to stutter
"You get pretty fit and fast when you've been playing Qudditch for around five years, and last year and this year James' has been our captain. Believe me you will never forget his conditioning sessions."
"Do we even want to know?" Arden asked
"Probably not!" Brooklyn replied cheerfully
We all shook our head before relaxing into the couches, Brooklyn curled up in a ball, her head in Tamsin's lap and her legs curled neatly near the side of the couch. She closed her eyes as Tamsin ran her hands through Brooke's hair.
"So what did you talk about last night?" She asked lazily
We all exchanged glances, we can't exactly tell her what we did talk about because that would just give away our theory and Brooke would get angry. I looked to Arden for help.
"We just talked about how amazing the prank was!" She replied
Brooke nodded, raising her hand lazily, indicating she was about to say something, we all looked at her curiously.
"I would just like to say that it was the funniest thing I have ever watched." She giggled "James was furious it was hilarious! Sirius had this high pitched voice and Peter sounded even more squeaky then normal."
Arden caught on to who was missing in Brooklyn's little speech.
"Where was Remus yesterday?" She asked "I didn't see him at dinner."
As if on cue Brooklyn closed up like a clam around a pearl. Her head shot up out of Tamsin's lap and her face was guarded and hostile.
"He wasn't feeling the best so he stayed in his room." She said evasively
We all exchanged a look, maybe he got sick suddenly, who knows but why is Brooklyn so defensive about it?
"Okay. So futute prank ideas?" I asked
Brooklyn settled back down on Tamsin's lap who seemed to have recovered from the shock of Brooklyn's reaction.
"What about tricking people into thinking then can find out our identity?" She suggested
"That's not a bad idea." Arden added
"And then the trick could be putting a forgetting potion in the drinks or food and make them forget what they learned about us."
Arden wrote it all down in our prank diary for future reference, then our conversation turned to normal.

AN

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and please let me know if you have any ideas of what could happen to the Angels in future chapters.

Please let me know if your enjoying the story by commenting or hitting the vote button.

Keep reading and I'll see you in the next chapter

Belle