Chapter 3: Forgotten

Star POV
The very next day I woke up by the sound of my alarm clock. I turned it off and went to the bathroom to take a shower. I wash my face from the dry tears from last night and enjoying the hot shower. When I finish, I turned off the shower and brush my teeth. After that I walked out and wear my usual clothes.

I went to Marcos room to wake him up. I knock on it but no answer, so I open it and saw no one. "Did he left early?" I said to myself. I walked out of his room and Mariposa was walking her way down. "Morning Star!" "Morning Mariposa! Say did Marco tell you where he was going" "Going where?" "I don't know but he's not in his room" "Oh, wait what!? Did he left without you!" "Don't know, let's go downstairs. Maybe he's making breakfast." And she nodded in response.

We walk downstairs and saw only Mrs Diaz. We say good morning to her and she does back. We sat down and had breakfast. While we were eating, I ask Mrs Diaz "Say Mrs Diaz, have you seen Marco?" "Oh I did, he left early." "Oh but why?" "Don't know. He just said that he needs to go early."

I sigh and Mariposa said "Hey want to walk to school with me?".

Mariposa POV
I feel bad for Star, this is the first time both of them didn't go to school together. Ever since Star came, they became close. She's 16 now, man it's been 2 years already she's with us. I didn't realized it. Maybe because I love her, she's like a sister to me. She's always there when I need her. Now I think I should repay that, "Hey want to walk to school with me" I ask her after daydreaming about everything she's helped me.

"I would love too!" "Great". After that we continue eating our food. When we were done, we washed our plates and say goodbye to mom before we left. While we were walking, it was just silence. I broke the silence "So Star? You're 16 right?" "Yup" "Ok since you came here, what is the best moment for you?". She smiles and said "meeting you guys" "Aww"

When we arrive at school, I said "Alright Star, I'm gonna go meet my friends. See you later" "Alright Mariposa,bye". But I feel bad for leaving her, I'm gonna check on Marco!

It was already recess, I was on my way to the cafeteria and saw Marco with a girl walking to the back of the school at the garden area. So I decided to spy on them. I followed from behind. I watch them walking hand in hand and sat on one of the benches. After that, they started making out! I quickly grab my phone call him.

They let go of the kiss because of the phone. Marco answer it "Hello" "Look behind!". He turns his head and I stared him. He quickly stand up and came to me. "What are you doing here?" "Well I want to ask you the same thing!" "I'm hanging out with my girlfriend" "Since when did you have a girlfriend!" "Since yesterday" "Oh so that's why you left Star to go to school alone" "I.... Oh no" "Now you realized it. You better make it up for her" "Alright I will. Now leave". After that I went to the cafeteria.

Marco POV
I went back to Jackie. I said "I'm sorry Jackie I can't walk you home later" "Oh ok but.." "but what?" "Tomorrow we're going on a date" I sigh and agreed with her.

~Time skip~

The final bell rang and I quickly pack my stuff and search for Star. I was on my way to the bus stop and saw her there. I approached her and said "Hey" "oh hey" "Want to walk with me?". She smiled and said "Sure but let's wait for Mariposa" "Ok". After a few minutes she arrives and three of us walked home together. I feel bad leaving Star. When we reach home I said to her "Hey I'm sorry" "For what?" "Well for leaving you behind" "It's ok Marco but" "But what?"

She had a huge smile on her face and said "Tomorrow is Friendship Thursday so I want you to make 2 no 3 huge bowls of your nachos!". I chuckled and said "Alright but you need to help to prepare the ingredients, deal?" "Deal!" And we laugh.