Chapter 21: His bad side

Star POV
It has already been a couple of days but our prisoner still refused to talked. "What should we do, he refused to tell us anything!" Marco whining. I sigh "I don't know, anyone have an idea?" I question at everyone in the room. Everyone just look at each other. I whisper to myself "I wish James is here, he knows what to do". Marco then come near me "Hey, he's gonna be back soon, just calm down he did say it was a family emergency. How about we give it a try again if you want?" I smile at him and gave him a kiss on the cheek before saying "Alright"

I hold on Marco's hand and told the guard to let us in. We walk in, I turn my head towards the two way mirror, where everyone is looking. I took my sit and Marco sit next to me. "Just tell us what you know and all of this will over. We will give you some food and drink after this too." I said nicely. The lizard guy just smirk and then laugh. When he finished "You really think I'm just gonna hand you information just like that! I will never betray him!" And he spit at his side.

"Alright I'm done" I said while standing up and walked out. Marco ran after me, he closed the door and I went to hug him. I rest my head on his chest while he's stroking my hair. I let go of the hug and Marco said "We find a way" and I nodded in response.

Suddenly James comes in the room. He immediately asked "So what do you guys get?". Everyone just sigh in disappointment before Creek answer him "He won't even opened his mouth". He sigh "So it's like that, huh?" "What do you think we should do?" One of the high rank knights questions him. "I know what to do" James replied while looking down. He then look at us and said "Anyway, You guys should go and rest, it's lunch time anyway. I can handle it." I could feel something is very suspicious with James way but I just shrugged it off.

Everyone was about to leave, I look at the room and saw Creek is talking to James. "Everything alright?" Marco questioned me. "Yeah everything's fine. Creek let's go"

James POV
When everyone left, I immediately start my work. I prepared all the stuff from my bag. When I've done that, I sneak outside and went to the kitchen. I told the head chef to prepare two well done steaks, first he refused but he changed his mind when I handed him a small sack of gold. He immediately went to cook it.

When his done, he handed me it. I thanked him and praise his work. I went back to the room and went inside the room of the captive. I put one of the steak in front of him and the other one at me. "What is this?" He said smirking "Um food. Eat up" I said while putting a piece of the steak in my mouth. He laughed before saying "You really think I would fall for this. I will not!" I look at him while cutting another piece "You sure? Aren't you hungry? It's been a couple of days you haven't ate".

The quite moment was interrupt by the sound of a growling stomach. He gulped "Nope I'm fine". I sigh "Alright, it's either the good way or the bad way. The good way is just telling me whatever information you know while you enjoying that juicy steak" "and the bad way?" "Well I forced you" "I like to see you try" he said confidently.

I sigh "Your time is finish when I'm done with my food"

~30 minutes later~

Marco POV
Me, Star and Creek are walking back to the room where the captive is. "Man that meal was delicious!" I said. "You said it" Creek agreeing.

"I wonder what is James doing now?" I said while rubbing my chin "I don't know, maybe negotiate with him?" Star said and all of us laugh. While we were getting closer, suddenly we could heard a scream. We ran quickly and burst the door open. We tried to open the other door where the captive is but it was locked. We quickly ran to the two way mirror, at the other side we can see James is doing something to the captive.

"Please that's all I know!" The prisoner begged. "Hmm I don't know....." James said while playing with he's dagger around he's face. We quickly went to try to open the door "It's useless, the door won't even move" I said. "Move aside" Star warn us, me and Creek jump to the side and Star blast the door open with her wand.

"STOP!" Star exclaimed and pointed her wand at him. Creek then questions "James, what are you doing?!". James look at us and his expression change immediately from a serious look to a happy one.

"Getting information, why?" "Seriously is that the way!? And didn't we agreed you don't do anything bad!!" "Look Creek I know you don't like it but..." "But what!" He said while looking at his eyes. James sigh and said in a smooth tone "But it's the only way" "Why can't you just ask him nicely!?" "He didn't want to corporate with me, I did offer him a meal but still the same. So he leaves me no choice."

After that, Creek just stood there silent. James then went to grab something from his bag. It was in a vial, he opened up the cork and let the lizard guy drink it. When his done "I told you, should have chosen the good way." James said "here eat your steak" and patted his head.

He then came towards me and Star "Alright the information I got is not that much but it's still a great one" "What is it?" Star asked him. As he was about to say, his expression change "There will be an attack at the castle"