Chapter 19: Why?

Star POV
It's been a week now since my parents funeral and ever since then I keep getting reports about Toffee's army attacking a village.

"We need to stop this!" Hekapoo exclaim. "What should we do my Queen?" "I...um..." "We should just freeze them!" Rhombulus interrupt. Hekapoo sigh "Seriously, can you stop suggesting the same thing over and over!". "How about we trap them..." "How about we use..." Each of them giving suggestions but was keep getting denied by each other. "Enough!" I scream and everyone shut up. I gulp realising what I did "excuse me" and I quickly ran out of the room.

I groan in furious and said to myself "What should I do?!". Then I felt something on my shoulder, I look up and saw Marco with a soft smile on his face "You okay?" And sat next to me on the floor.

I immediately reach him and hug him. I could feel his hand behind me and I snuggle up on his chest. When I let go of him I tell him what's wrong "I'm a little stressed out. I don't know what should I do!" "Take a deep breath Star and let it go" I did what he said "Feeling better?" "A little thanks Marco" and I put my hands on his cheek and using my thumb to rub it.

His face begin to redden "Marco you okay? Your face is really red?" He pulls away and answer nervously "Yeah I'm fine." He then stood up and helps me up afterwards. I then accidentally stab on my queen dress causing to lose my balance but Marco manage to catch me. He pulls me up towards him and with that our faces is just inches away.

I gaze into his eyes, I didn't realise it but I could feel I'm getting closer to him. Our lips were about to collide but that moment was ruined "Star I need to tell you....oh sorry am I interrupting something?". Me and Marco quickly let go of each other while our faces are red as a tomato.

"Not at all Eclipsa, hehehe" I answer training to act normal. I tried to change the topic "Um..so what was that you want to tell me?" "Oh yeah, the day when your parents were attacked, I cast a spell on Captain James sword. The spell works and it will kill Toffee's army." "Wait really!?" Me and Marco said in shock.

"Yes and I found a way to cast the spell in a huge amount but...I need to use the wand". Without hesitation I handed it to her "Alright then, here you go" "Thank you Star" and she left us.

Marco look at me "Did you really just gave her the wand?" "Relax Marco, come on let's go for a walk" he sigh "Okay".

~At the garden~

"It's great to forget about being a queen for awhile" I said while walking beside Marco. We took a sit on the water fountain in the garden. I was playing with the water, when suddenly I realised something. "Marco may ask you something?" "Um sure"

"Why are you here?" He looks at me in confusion "What do you mean?". I sigh "I mean you know you can just leave me and enjoy your life on earth but instead your here with me getting yourself involved with my problem."

Marco POV
"Oh Star, the reason why is, I care for you and you are my life Star. I don't know what I do without you because I....I..." But before I even managed to finish it, I could feel Star lips on mine. I return the kiss and even made it deeper.

When we let go, we were gasping for air. We rest our forehead on each other, Star look at me and said "I love you too Marco. I always have".

I was about to say something but it was interrupt by James who looks he just finished a marathon  "Star! I mean my queen. There's something really important that you need to see.". Star look at him and sigh "James what did I say? Just call me Star" "Sorry, anyway hurry up" "We're on our way" and after that he left us.

Star gave me a quick kiss and we followed him from behind while holding each other hands.