Chapter 23: Preparing

Star POV
I was walking down the castle hallway with Marco by my side. We were discussing about the castle defensiveness. "So I think we should add more archery at the castle wall." I suggested. "Great idea Star" Marco said while smiling at me. I return the smile and said "Oh Marco you look so cute". He blushed "Thanks and you too" I giggled and kiss his cheek.

We continue our conversation but soon we both saw James outside in his new general outfit. So we decided to meet him. "Hey James, looking good on your new outfit" Marco said while admiring it. James answer "Yeah they had to made a new" "Oh why?" He hesitate to answer "I tell you about it next time". Marco just shrugged it off. "So is everything alright?" I ask him. James look at me and said "So far so good, oh the new cannon that just arrived are awesome" "Wow really?" "Yup, it literally destroyed anything" and We laugh. "Oh and almost forgot, all the weapon has already been cashed by the spell from Lady Eclipsa" "Good" I respond.

Me and Marco then walked outside the castle, we saw Globgor ordering the construction of the castle wall. A lot of monster and mewman working together, see that made me smile. We both walked to him and he noticed us and greeted us. "So, what brings you here Star?" He said. "Oh nothing just passing by"

~1 hour later~

Marco POV
"Alright, I think that should be enough for today" "Yup, anyway I have to go. Creek said we should train more" Star look a little sad by it and it does hurt me. So I suggest "Hey you can watch me if you want." And not even a second passed, she's jump at me in excitement "Yes!" I chuckled at her reaction "Alright, can you get off me? I need to grab my sword". Star stood up and help me getting up as well.

~At the training room~

I swing my sword towards Creek but he managed to block it with his sword. He use that moment to kick me at the chest causing me flying backwards. "Come on Marco! Is that all you got?". I stood up and get on my battle stand "Nope, let's go" and I charge him. He charge towards me as well and both of ours sword collided causing a wave of vibration in the room. We both were gasping for air, we pull back our swords. We were about to attack again but was stopped "Come on guys, half time! Get some rest"

We both sat down on the cushion floor and Star handed us a glass of water. After 30 minutes, we stood back up. "So your ready?" I asked Creek while grabbing my sword. He smirked "Yup" but before we started Creek turned his attention towards the door. "What's the matter?" Star questioned. "Is that James outside?" "I think so" and Star opened the door. Revealing James and Buffrog, as they were discussing something. They turned their attention to us, James quickly said "Just go sent the letters" "Yes" Buffrog replied and gave a salute before leaving.

"James come join us?" Creek said and waving his hand. He took a moment to think "I don't know" "Oh come on, just for awhile. Why you don't want to mess up your new uniform?" And all of us laugh. James sigh "Fine" and he walks in. He placed his hat and took of his uniform jacket and pulled out his sword. "How about 2 against 1?" "You sure?" I said. "Yup" "Okay" Creek answer.

James immediately rush towards us, he swing his sword at both of us. We managed to block his attack, James jump backwards catching his breath. We took that moment to attack him. He was struggling a bit with us but it was still hard to beat him.

~10 minutes later~

All of us was breathing heavily after the fight. "Great match guys, looks like you guys improve a lot" James complemented us. "Thanks" we said. "Alright I have to go now, I need to check on the new recruits" he grabbed his things and left.

Star POV
"Wow you guys were great!" I said while clapping my hands. "Thanks Star"  Marco answer. "Well of course, the future King must know how to defend his queen right?" Creek said with a huge smile on his face. Marco and I blush "Alright that's enough training" I said while still blushing.