Chapter 17: Ambush

~1 week later~

Moon POV
I was having breakfast in the dining room with River. "So I heard that you told Captain James to spy on the kids?" "I just wanted them to be safe." He put his hand on mine "I know but you should at least told me" "I'm sorry dear" "That's okay moonpie. I understand" "Thank you" and I gave him a kiss on the forehead.

Suddenly the door burst open "What's the meaning of this!?" "I'm sorry my queen but I have a very important news to tell you" "What is it?". He came to the the table and lay a map of Mewni. "Alright the stronghold is here right? So I just found a way to sneak  attack". I look at him and questions "So what is it?"

He pointed it out "Right here, we can used this path, it's right behind their stronghold and less security. They won't saw it coming" "Alright we leave tonight, dispatch a team with our best Knights" "I will do it, right away"

~That night~

"Are you sure you're going to join us?" "Of course I will! I want to protect my wife" "Oh River" and I pat his head. "Come on let's go" he said.

We walk outside and saw at least 10 knight including the general. "Wait where's Captain James?" I question in confusion. "Oh his um...we can't find him". I gave him a weird look "What did I say general?" He was getting nervous "I...." I cut him off and told one of the guard to find him.

James POV
"Pssst" I heard, "Who's there?" I said while looking around. "It's just me, calm down" "Oh Lady Eclipsa, you scared me" and I sigh in relief. "So where are you going?" "Home I guess?" "Hmmm follow me" she ordered. We went in a potion room "Put your sword on the table". I followed and suddenly her daughter came in "You see captain, I think I found a way so we can kill Toffee's army with a sword" "How?" "With this" her daughter handed her a piece of paper and she says her spells onto my sword.

When she's done "What did you do?" "Oh I put a spell that can kill them. They won't be able to regenerate and with that you can end them". I grab my sword and put it back in the scabbard. "Oh I think someone is looking for you?" Her daughter Meteora told me. "Oh I'm on my way then"

I walked out and immediately bump into someone. "Finally I found you, the queen wants you to be involved with the raid on Toffee's stronghold" "Right now?" "Yes, now hurry up".

I immediately went to grab my warnicorn and went to the castle gate. When I arrive I was greeted by a lot of stares. It feels like they didn't want me here but I just ignored it and meet the King and Queen. "I have arrived" I said. "I can see that" and we laugh. Well except for everyone that's still staring me. The King and Queen jump on their warnicorn and we were on our way.

It was a very dark path, so I ask the general "Are you sure with this?" "Of course I am, why ?" "Hm I have my doubts". He patted my back, trying to reassure me but I didn't buy it and just gave him a fake smile. We continue our journey when suddenly we stopped by a huge tree that was blocking our way. "What the? General you said this path is cleared!" The King said in anger.

"Well looks like I lie" "What!?" They said and immediately the general and the rest of the guard pulled out their swords on us. On that moment, Toffee appears with several of his guard as well. "Well well well, looks like we caught ourselves a Butterfly's"

The queen said "Why are you guys doing this!?" to the traitors. The general smirk and answered "Well what can I say everyone has a price" he said and the rest of his followers laugh. "You really want to kill me don't you, huh?" Toffee said. The three of us just gave a death glared. "Well what about I do this..." And immediately he ran up to us and piers he's blade to King River. He pulls it out and the King falls to the ground. "Noooo!" The queen scream.

There was tears on eyes, she jump off and hold her husband in her arms while crying.

Nobody POV
"Stay with me River" the queen beg. River puts his hand on her face and smile "I'm sorry *cough* honey" and he breathed his last breath. "*Sniff* I'm going kill you all" the queen said and change into her butterfly form. She started attacking them. James joined in and kill each one of the traitors. One of Toffee's man attack him but he managed to grab his shield and block the attack.

James immediately cut his head off and the soldier drop to the ground. "No second life this time" James said looking at the death lizard body. All of Toffee's army was shocked and ran away. "You cowards!" Toffee scream. The queen blast him with her spells causing him to slam onto the huge tree. "You're dead" she said in full of anger, Toffee looks at her and smirk.

On James side, he is busy fighting with the rogue general. They were in a sword fight. The general tried his best to hit him but each swing was blocked. The general kick James leg causing him to fall down, he carried his sword as same height of his head and swing it down, James uses his shield to block it and use the opportunity to stab him in the stomach with his sword. He pulls it out and flip the death body to the side.

He immediately ran to find the queen.
When he found them he was in shock. It was not the sight he wanted, Toffee was choking the queen in the air. She was struggling to breathe, so James chop Toffee's hand off "ahhhh" he scream and ran away.

James went to the queen trying to help her up. "It's no use" "nonono, you can't die my queen" "I can't, I'm injured badly. Just bring our bodies back.... And tell Star and Creek we love them" and that was the queen last word before she closes her eyes forever.

~On earth~

Star POV
I woke up from my sleep, as if was a nightmare. I was breathing heavily and sweating as well. "Sis you okay?" Creek said from the side of my bed. "I don't know, I....I feel uneasy right now". He sat next to me and hugs me "I'm here sister" "Thank you Creek" and I hug him tightly

So how was the chapter? Good? I hope so. This is my first doing this kind of stuff so forgive me if it's bad.