Chapter 13: Choose

~1 week later~

Marco POV
I was in Star's room hanging out with her. "So Star is everything okay on Mewni?" I question her. "Actually yes! The monster and mewmans are getting along pretty well. This really helps us a lot"

"Good to hear that. So, Still no report about Toffee?" And her expression suddenly changed. She began to worried "I'm afraid not" "Look Star I didn't mean to...." "It's okay Marco, you're just looking out for me, thanks anyway" "Not a problem Star."

I suddenly got a call, I got my phone out and see who was calling me. It was Jackie, I literally forgot about her. It's been awhile since the last time I spend time with her now. "Hey what's up?" "Hey um can we meet up, it's important". I was having second thoughts about it but eventually I agreed. "Yeah sure, so where are we meeting up?" "At the park water fountain, 1 pm" "alright" and she hang up.

"I'm sorry Star but it looks like Jackie want's to meet me up" I said while standing up. "That's okay Marco"

~Time skip~

"Alright Star, I'm on my way." "Byeee!" She said before I closed the door and after that I started walking to the park. When I reach there, I could already see her from the distance. She was sitting on the fountain while playing with her phone. "Hey" I greeted her "Oh just in time!" She said while putting her phone away. I sat next to her and ask her "So why do you want to meet up?"

She was getting nervous for some reason, so I tried to relax her "Hey you okay?". She took a deep breath and said "Yeah I'm fine, anyway it's about us" I was confused "What do you mean?". She sigh "Our relationship Marco! You've been spending so much time with Star, that you don't have time with me anymore!". My blood started to boiled up when she mentioned Star "Why are you mentioning Star? She did nothing wrong! Besides she's my best friend!"

"I'm your girlfriend!" She stand up and screamed at me. "You should be with me not her!" And she pointed her finger on my chest. I sigh in defeat and put my hands up "Alright, I try to make it up for you. I will manage my time for you." "No Marco, it's either me or her!". I look at her as she was crazy "Are you serious?!" "Yes Marco!".

I glared at her and stood up "Fine than, I choose Star!" She was speechless. "I'm going home" I said. While I was walking she then said "Are you seriously going to pick someone that you known for only for 2 years over the person you have a crush on almost your whole life?!"

I stop in my tracks and started to walk back. I came closer to her and said "Yes, you want to know why? It's because even though I have a crush on you almost my whole life doesn't mean I know you. For example, you aren't there for me in my tough time. I don't even know if I trust you, to be honest. But Star, she's different. She's been there for me for my ups and downs, thick and thin. She's there for me when no one does! She would risk her own life for me! I'm sorry Jackie but we don't have that, Star is just the most amazing person in the world for me. In fact, The 2 years we have, it felt like eternity and I want to continue that."

I stopped seeing Jackie holding up her tears. She quickly went to hug me and said "I'm sorry, looks like I was wrong about her. She's perfect for you" and she let go of the hug. She wiped her tears and said "Goodbye Marco, I hope you made the right decision" and she left.

I sigh "Glad that's over" and started walking back home. While I was walking suddenly something jump out from the bushes besides me. It was Tom and Janna. "You guys scared me!" "Oh sorry" Tom apologies. I noticed Janna began to smirk, so I ask her why "What are you smirking about?" "Oh nothing just remembered a speech from someone about Star". I began to blush "Y..you heard that" "Yup, both of us"

"You like her don't you Diaz?" My face is getting more red, when Janna ask that "I do not" I answer while looking away "Sureee, I let you keep your little secret but remember this I will find out the truth.". I started to sweat myself when she said that. So I try to change the topic "Wait, what are you guys doing in the park together in the first place?" "Ummmm" both of them said while blushing.

I laughed hysterically when I figured it out. "You better shut up!" Janna said. I took my breath "Yeah okay, anyway want to meet Star?" "Sure"

When we arrive, I knock on the door and was immediately greeted by a hug from Star. "Hey" "I miss you" "I've only been gone for 2 hours" "Doesn't matter, it's still count" I chuckled at her response. We sat on the couch "So what did you do at the park?" "Oh yeah almost forgot, I broke up with Jackie."

Star POV
I was stunned by what Marco said but at the same time happy as well. Then he started to explaining it.

~after the explanation~

"Oh Marco, you don't have to do that for me" "Too late Star, besides I don't regret it. I want to be with you" "Awww Marco" and I gave him a hug. "You guys look so cute together" Janna said and both of us began to blush whilst Janna and Tom laughed.