Chapter 11: Just like old times

~A few days later~

Star POV
Me, Marco and Mariposa was  walking home from school. When suddenly Ludo and his goon's appear. "Wait, you're alive?" I said. " Now that's just rude. Of course I am. Now get the wand!" He said while feeling offended. Me and Marco jump in front of Mariposa, protecting her.

We charge towards them and fought them with ease, I attack them with my wand whilst Marco was kicking their butt's. They had no chances against him, same goes to me. Because of that I noticed one of them is ready to sneak attack him "Marco watch out!" I scream, he quickly duck and I blast the monster that tried to sneak up on him. "Thanks Star!" He said and I nodded in response.

When all of Ludo's man are down, we approaches him. He was standing there helplessly. Me and Marco look at each other and gave a nod, we turn back to him and we simultaneously punch him in the face causing him to fall backwards. He stood up and clean himself before opening opening a portal "You won't win the next time we meet you! Ouch!" He said before went thru the portal but I managed to throw a piece of rock at him.

Mariposa sigh in relief "Glad that's over, you guys did great back there". I smile at her and rub the top of her head "Thanks" "I wish I know how to fight" she said while looking down. "Hey don't be like that, we are always here to help" I said trying to comfort her. "But I want to help!" She whine.

I sigh "How about I ask Creek to teach you some combat move" and a smile grew on her face "Really! Thank you, thank you, thank you" and she went to hug me. After that we continue our way back home.

When we arrive home, I told Creek about teaching Mariposa some combat move and for some reason, he happily agreed. They immediately went to start training at the backyard.

I rest myself on the couch and Marco followed. "Tired?" I asked "Yup" and we laugh. "Man it's been awhile since we did that" "Yeah". Marco than said "You know Star, I actually missed our  times together". I turned my attention to him "What do you mean?"

He took a deep breath and said "I just noticed that I haven't been spending much time with you since I dated Jackie. I've always left you alone and spend a lot of time with her" "Hey Marco, it's okay. She's your girlfriend, I understand it" "Yeah but you're my best friend. I don't want to ruin our friendship. You're too important to me".

I went to touch his hand. He started to blush when I hold it.

Marco POV
I could feel my face warm up. I keep my eyes on her, admiring the blue ocean eyes she had. Gosh her eyes look beautiful. I shake the feeling, stop it Marco you have a girlfriend. "Hey you okay? Your face is really red" she said. "Um yeah I'm fine" while trying to hide my embarrassment.

"How about we go check on Creek and Mariposa?" I said trying to change the topic. "Yeah sure"

~Somewhere nearby~

James POV
"Hmmmm interesting"