Chapter 18: A sad day

~The next morning~

Nobody POV
All of the Magic high commissioner was looking at now the former King and Queen of Mewni. They were holding their tears, well except for Glossaryck whose crying as a waterfall inside the book of spells.

Everyone was just silence for awhile, until Eclipsa spoken "So who's gonna tell Star and Creek?". Everyone look at each other, non-of them were willing to do it. Eclipsa sigh heavily before saying "Very well, I....." but was cut off "No, I will" everyone turn their attention to James. "Are you sure?" Eclipsa questions "Yes, I'm their friend and I was there when that happened. So if they ask, I could answer them"

"He's got a point *sniff*" Rhombulus said while wiping the tears of his eyes. "Alright then but first take off your armour, it covers with blood everywhere". He took it off and with that, James immediately open a portal right on the Diaz's living room.

"James what are you doing here?" Creek greeted him and gave him a hand shake. "Um I..." But before he could answer, Star interrupt them.

Star POV
I heard Creek greeted James and immediately went to see him. "James how's it going?" "I'm fine but....." "Breakfast is ready. Oh... you invited a friend Star?" Mrs Diaz bump in the conversation.

"Oh yeah" I said. "Care to join us for breakfast?" "I..." "Oh come James, trust me it's delicious" I said encouraging him. He didn't even got to answer before he was dragged by Creek to the dining area. Creek grab an extra chair and put it besides him, so James could sit next to him. Mrs Diaz handed him a plate.

Marco came downstairs a few minutes later, he was confused on why is James here. He just stared at him and took a sit next to me. While we were eating, I noticed there's something on James clothing. So I ask "What's that red stuff on your shirt?" He look confused, he look down and immediately started to get nervous. "So what is it?" Marco questioned. "Um it's... it's jam" "hmmm is there something you're hiding from us?" I said.

He sigh "Alright but I need to talk with only you two" and pointed to me and Creek. "Can Marco join as well?" "Alright fine, please vexcuse us" and he stood up and went near the stairs. "So what do you want to tell us?"

He took a deep breath before saying "Your parents are dead". When he says that, I feel as I was just hit by a truck. Creek grab him by the collar of his shirt and pinned him on the wall. "What did you do!? What happened!?" Creek was full with rage. "We were ambush, the general and the knights who joined betrayed us, when we were trying to attack Toffee's stronghold." "Why didn't you protected them!?"

I put my hand on Creek shoulder and tried to cool him down. "Creek it's not his fault", he let go of James and went to hug me. "The funeral will be in the afternoon and Star you have to step up and be Queen of Mewni" "*sniff* I understand, I will"

~In the afternoon~

Marco POV
We were at the Butterfly family graveyard. I was next to Star, who's eye's are red from crying, in fact everyone on Mewni was including the monsters. Star was called by Eclipsa to make a short speech. "My parents was a good ruler and a good parents, they did everything they can to make sure all of us are safe and with that here we our *sniff*. They sacrifice their self for us. I don't know how to say this but Thank you mom and dad, rest well" Star ended her speech and went back next to me.

~Time skip~

When the funeral ended, we went back to the castle. "What should we do Star...I mean your majesty" hekapoo ask. "I don't know, can we please think about this tomorrow?" "As you wish". They left us and Star hug me tight. I returned it and I could feel the tears coming from her. "Oh Marco" I didn't say anything and just let her cry on me.