prologue

"Keep your confessions
Cause babe I'm no saint
We're playing with fire" - In Flames, Digital Daggers

Mariana Ramirez doesn't let people into her life. At twenty-six, she has seen her fair share of loss not only in her life but also in her ER. After a devastating day in the emergency room, Mariana decided to join the LAFD in hopes of saving lives before they reached the ER.

As a fully fledged member of the 118, Mariana must learn to cope with her losses, trust people again, and maybe even find love in her heart. Can someone who has lost so much find themselves again? Or will Mariana lose herself entirely?

Content warning: will discuss death, abuse, child abuse, very brief mentions of suicide, some scenes of violence

Disclaimer: I own nothing of 911 Fox or 911: Lone Star. I only own Mariana or any other non-canon characters that might appear.

Disclaimer 2.0: While I do love Buddie and hope that they happen, Mariana's story has been playing over and over in my mind and I had to write her down and share her story. I just don't want anyone thinking that if a romance should develop in this, it is not a slight or ignoring Buddie. (aka pls don't message me saying that I'm homophobic bc I'm "breaking up Buddie" pls and thank u)

I really hope you all come to love Mariana the way I do. Her story is, of course, a bit fanciful but it truly is a story of what some people suffer through. She is a success story in her own right and I'm so proud of who she has become (in my mind) haha.