Chapter 1

King's POV

I can't believe my friends ditched me for food. It's not even lunch time and there they are in the canteen ordering food..

'Good morning P'king'
'Hi P'
'P! Morning!'

My juniors greet me as I pass by going to the library

Library yes, We are in school, why not study come on. Aside from the fact that its cold in there, the atmosphere is also nice. I need to be prepared for my upcoming quizzes.

As I enter the library, I saw this weird looking guy. Sleeping. On the sofa, mind you, we are in the library. I looked at Him and i notice tons of tattoos. Wow, he must have really liked artsy stuff. Hmmm, he must be an engineering student since this is the library of the college.

I walked towards the solid mechanics shelves section and look for our Module book. Got it! I went on to lay my stuff on an empty table near the window. I started to read right away and take down notes. I like to study, its calming to me and I really want to be a good engineer in my future job.

*ting

The sound of my phone disturbed me from writing notes. I just received a message.

Afternoon classes are cancelled due to an emergency meeting by the university president with the college of engineering. Use your free time wisely. - class mayor

Hmm. More time to study then. Im not that hungry much so I'll ditch lunch

Time passed by so quickly and when I said quickly I meant, its 6pm. How could I be so reckless. Whats wrong with me. I gathered up my things and walked towards the exit doors. I kinda had a bad feeling about this, the lights are turned off. I don't see the librarian. The sun is still out so I didn't notice the lights were turned off. Damnit. I picked up the pace going to the door. (An, its a big library guys don't come for me 🤨)

"Shiya! Why the fuck is the door locked!" I tried to move the door handle, back and forth

This can't be! I thought to myself. I took out my phone and why is it low battery. This is unacceptable! This can't be real! This is only in the movies why is this happening to me!

I paced back and forth. I don't wanna say im hyperventilating, but im close to. I stopped walking and turned to my right as to I saw a shadow of a person. Fuck please don't, no ghosts please. I can't handle that stuff.

"I fucking swear!" I closed my eyes shouting "You ghost, stay away from me or will kill you the second time round. I swear!" I lifted my hand to block my sight of whatever that is.

I heard someone chuckle. Shit! Its laughing in my remorse!

With all the braveness I had in me, and trust me I had a few, I opened my eyes and looked the thing ahead of me.

I saw the guy from earlier that was sleeping in the couch laughing about my state. How dare he laugh at me! Its turning dark and the electricity is out. Its getting dark real fast. I walked to him fast and hold tight to his arm.

"Im so sorry, but we were locked out, and I really don't like the dark shit! Just.... uhm just.... im not a scaredy cat no. Im just not into dark places I mean. Like, I sleep with a bit of low light. But this kind of dark no, I cant handle this................? I kept on blabbering.

He put his hand over my mouth.

"Blahsfu sieow stodrs wihdbc sshbc dubdsf..." i continued talking.

"Your too loud." He said calmly. "Yeah yeah ok, whatever you say" he removed his hand.

"Damnit what do we do?" I said, "Do you have your phone with you? My phone is dead" I asked

"Nope, my friend borrowed it to contact someone and left me taking a nap to go outside to talk. I guess he never came back" He told me in such a bored tone

I breathed out loudly. Gulp. "What do we do then?"

"We wait i guess" he said "the couch is comfortable to sleep on. We really can't do anything about this. But just wait for tomorrow. You take that couch, i take this" He instructed and talked more. I can't comprehend much since I still can't believe that I will be staying the night here. This is so uncomfortable.

I lay down and tried to sleep, I kept turning.

"Hey, uhmmm hey?" I called out

"Its ram and what? Just sleep, your too loud. You talk too much"

I didnt even said anything after the hey, why is he acting up!! Whatever.

I looked at the high ceiling, the library is so wide and dark. I feel like am drowning in darkness.

I looked at the guy opposite to me. His eyes closed. I frowned, I cannot sleep.

I stood up and started to move the sofa closer to the guy. The sofa is big and you need to man to move this shit.

Creeeeekk creek creeeeeeek

I moved the left side closer, then the right, then the left and vice versa.

"Damn it, what are you doing!" He shouted in a whisper. "It pains in the ears"

I glared at him. If he helped me then he wouldn't be complaining about the sound.

He stood up and went to the opposite side of the sofa. We lifted it up, he following me as I placed it beside his couch

"Why did you placed it in there be side mine?" He asked as I went in my side and lay

"Shut up, Im scared at the dark ok. It makes me feel like Im drowning gasping for air" I said. I don't know if this is normal, but I don't like people knowing this of me because It makes we look weak.

He heaved heavily and laid on his side of the sofa. He faced me.

"Im sorry with my attitude a while ago" I whispered

"Hm"

"Can you please let me sleep first before you sleep? Im sorry" I looked down to my hands as I played with my fingers. I feel bad being a bitch a while ago and requesting this thing to him.

"Better start sleeping then" I looked up to him fast and smiled.

"Thank you nah" and closed my eyes.

Took me several minutes to finally feel my eyes getting heavy. I yawned and let myself doze off.

"Nong nong" i felt someone shaking me "Nong, what happened? Why were you sleeping in here? Nong, go home first"

I opened my eyes. Ohhhh its morning, morning!? I was about to complain to auntie in here about the horrible work the librarian did yesterday, the one on duty did not even bother to look around before closing the doors on Us, but I remembered that I have class at 10am. I checked my watch 6am. Great I still have time to go home and shower.

I Stood up, fixed my clothes and hair, gathered my things. I took my bag and walked. 'Us' wait, before I pass by the exit door I took a quick look inside. He is gone.

Thats weird. Wait he left me here! He didn't even wake me up. What a scumbag