Chapter 7

We finally make it to the marsh and continue walking along it. It's funny how something that was once so beautiful, could be destroyed so easily with time. I can almost imagine what the now empty marsh would have looked like with water in it. When we're about halfway through Tobias stops me and says, " You were right you know," He says. I give him a confused look, so he just continues. " I should do what's right for me, I only have one choice right?". I find myself smiling, but quickly try to hide it trying not to be awkward. Tobias seems to notice because he smiles too.

I nod and say " Exactly, that's all I wanted to hear"

Tobias laughs, and then we continue walking down. He then glances at his watch and has a worried and scared expression on his face. He looks over at me and I'm just confused. I look and it's 8:55.

"Oh crap," I say, and then look at Tobias. It's a 20-minute walk back to our house, and even if we run we won't make it in time. We try anyway. "Run" I say to Tobias and we run for the Abnegation sector of the city, hoping that whatever pain comes, it's bearable.

Authors Note: Hey guys! Sorry, this chapter got cut short, but what comes in the next chapter is exciting so make sure to stick around for that! Like always, please make sure to share this story to anyone who will enjoy it, and Vote + Comment to see more! Thanks for reading! 😁♥

-Violet