Chapter 35

I wake up the next day at Millennium Park, the memories of last night flooding back quickly. Though I didn't sleep in an actual bed yesterday, I enjoyed last night after I left Tobias at the warehouse. I got to see the stars, and this morning I woke up to the sun shining down on me. I climb down the metal structure and decide to go back to the Dauntless compound. I chose them, and my brother and Liam shouldn't get in the way of me being in Dauntless permanently. I wait for the train to come, and when it does I hop on. It doesn't take long for me to reach the Dauntless compound and when I do I walk immediately to the initiate dorm. Everyone is already out for breakfast today, and so the dorms are mostly empty. But when I walk in I see Katherine combing out her hair. She turns to look at me.

"Oh my god, Rose thank god your alright" Katherine says

"Of course I am, why wouldn't I be?" I say grabbing some clothes

"Where were you last night? Jake stayed up all night waiting for you" Katherine says

"I got into an argument with my brother. I just didn't feel like coming back so I slept on the metal structure at the park" I say "Is everyone at breakfast?" I ask

"Ya, they left a little while ago. You can go take a shower then we can go down together" Katherine says

"Sure" I smile at her. I go to take a shower and get ready, and today I decided to wear a fitted square neck long sleeve shirt, since we're not fighting today, with some black jeans. I leave my hair down again today and just comb it out. I brush my teeth quickly and then walk out to Katherine sitting on the bed.

"Ok, ready," I say

"Ok, let's go," She says.

We walk down quickly, and I try my best to avoid Tobias, taking a different route than normal. We make it to the cafeteria, and I see Liam sitting with everyone at the table as usual. Though they're not really paying much attention to him, and he's just talking with Dean. I look over at Katherine before we enter and she gives me a small nod saying it's going to be fine. We walk in and go to the table quickly, and I wrap my arms around Jakes's shoulders. He looks exhausted from waiting all night.

"Hey," I say sitting down next to him

"Thank god you're alright," He says wrapping his arms around my waist

"Of course I am," I say hugging him back "You don't have to worry about me. And I'm sorry I made you wait all night"

"It's alright. Turns out most of the Dauntless don't sleep anyways. No wonder they're always mad at something" Jake says.

I laugh and say "I'm going to get some food"

I get up and walk over to where all the food is, and take a muffin. As I am someone comes up from behind me.

"Rose, can I please talk to you?" Tobias asks

"Not in the mood right now," I say coldly, beginning to walk away. He grabs my arm to stop me.

"I know what I did was wrong, I'm sorry." He says

" 'Sorry' is not going to cut it. You hid our mother from me for so long, do you not realize that?" I say

"I do, and I thought I was protecting you by not telling you. I remember how mad I was when I first found out she was still alive" He says

"Ya, but you got over it. I could have too" I say. This time when I walk away, and he tries to stop me, I pull away. I sit back down and Jake leans in and whispers "What was that about?" so no one else can hear.

I whisper back "You know how my mother is dead?"

He looks down sadly but nods, and I continue. "Well, she's not. She faked her death to get out of Abnegation"