Chapter 40

"Ok initiates, you are free to go. Tomarrow it'll be the same thing. We'll be doing it three times until moving on to part 2 of this stage. Then it'll be the cuts" Tobias says.

We nod and everyone starts to get up, their legs a little numb from sitting so long. They all start to walk out the hallway and Tobias catches up to me putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Where are you heading now?" He asks

"Oh um, I'm hanging out with Jess" I say. I didn't want to tell him at first but I knew it would be stupid to lie to him. He can always tell, anyways.

"Jess? Since when do you two hang out?" Tobias says, stopping

"Since today morning, apparently" I tell him

"What about the whole Liam thing that happened?" Tobias says

"Well she wasn't apart of it technically. I mean she's obviously gonna stand up for him, but it doesn't really matter" I say

"I don't know, Rose. She's a bad influence." Tobias says

"Tobias I'll be fine, ok? Katherine is coming with me, there's nothing to worry about" I say smiling. I don't bring up the whole hair thing, cause he'll probably make a big deal about that too. Honestly, it's like he secretly thinks everytime I'm with Jess, i'm gonna get another tattoo.

"Ok, if you say so" Tobias tells me

"Ok, I'll see you later" I tell him, walking away. 

I walk back to the dorms where Katherine is waiting, and we both walk to her apartment. I knock on the door and to my surprise, Liam answers.

"What are you two doing here?" He says rudely

"Why do you think we're here? To see Jess." I say

"Whatever" Liam says walking away, leaving the door open. We walk in and Jess is sitting at the kitchen.

"Hey! I hope you don't mind that I brought Katherine with me" I say

"Nope, don't care" Jess says "Ok, shall we get started?"

"What exactly are you going to do with my hair?" I ask

"We're just going to dye it a little" Jess says, getting up grabbing some bottles

"Ok, it's not too much though, right?" I ask

"Well... we'll see" Jess says, pushing me into a chair.

"Ok, then" I say, giving in. Katherine sits on the couch, faced towards me to watch.

"What color?" Jess asks

"Umm, I don't know what do you think is best?" I say

"Hmm," she says looking at my face "I think blue would look good. Plus you have a good hair length for it."

"Ok, cool" I say. She begins to put the color in my hair, wrapping pieces with tin-foil. When she's done wrapping it I look more metal than human.

"Ok, now you just have to wait." Jess says 

"How long?" I ask

"Well....the box says 3 hours" Jess says

"3 hours?!" Kathrine and I both say at the same time.

"It's actually a faster one. Others take up to 5" Jess says "Let's do something to pass the time"

"Like what?" Katherine asks

"How about Candor or Dauntless?" Jess says sitting down.

"Umm....sure, why not" I say. I know the first time I played Candor and Dauntless didn't end very well, but that doesn't mean this one will be the same.