Chapter 53

This is such a good song, it's a cover but it might be better than the actual song itself! Listen in ya feel like it!

"Oh Rose," My mom says before I leave the room

"Yeah?" I ask

"We have to pick up a shipment from Abnegation, I was gonna send someone to get it, but do you want to? It might give you a chance to get out a little?" Mom says

"Sure, I can do that. Oh, can Dean come too, he's been feeling down lately" I tell her

"Of course," She says "You both can leave in 20 minutes"

"Okay, no problem," I say. I head down and see Dean sitting on the couch at the bottom. I go up to him and tell him about the shipment, and he agrees.

"We leave in 20 minutes," I say

"Okay," He says.

I go to take a quick shower in the factionless bathroom. It's not the best since the factions don't pay attention to it, but it works. I change into the clothes I brought with me, and exit the bathroom. Deans already ready, so we decide to leave early. A few others come with us to help load the shipment, but we are the ones who are signing off on it. We walk out of the warehouse and jump on the train towards the Abnegation sector of the city. On the way, we pass the Navy Pier, which has beautiful grass to walk through when heading towards it. It's warm today, and the wind breeze feels good through your hair. The flowers and grass are shining under the blue sky and blowing with the wind.

"Are you okay with going to Abnegation?" Dean says, snapping me out of my thoughts

"What?" I ask

"What if you see Marcus?" He asks carefully, making sure to not say, dad.

"Right," I sigh "I'll be okay"

"Okay" He smiles "Remember I'm here if you need me"

"Always" I laugh, fist-bumping him

We finally reach close to Abnegation and begin to jump off. We then walk from there, to where Abnegation keeps their food and supplies. Outside I see the council standing, and of course, Marcus. I sigh and Dean and I walk up to them.

"Hello, we're here to pick up the supplies," I tell one of the council members, not paying any attention to Marcus

"You dyed your hair blue?" Marcus asks

"Yes. Is there a problem?" I tell him

"Since when are you in factionless?" He asks, ignoring the question

"Since 2 days ago." I tell him "I wouldn't keep Evelyn waiting if I were you"

"Evelyn? She's alive?" someone asks

"You're going to act like you didn't know?" I ask

He looks down, admitting that I'm right and I say "May we get the supplies, sir?" I tell the previous council member

"Of course," He says "Start to load them in!"

Each factionless member gets a crate so we can jump off the train easily. When we are all ready we head back to the train.

"Thank you, sir," I tell the council member. He smiles politely at me, and I turn away.

"It was nice seeing you Rose," Marcus says

"Wish I could say the same for you, Marcus," I tell him, turning around

His face begins to redden with anger, and I smile and walk away. Soon after Dean asks why I was being rude to a council member.

"They've lied to me, my entire life Dean. They all knew my mother was alive, who do you think helped her fake her death?" I tell him "Now they're going to pretend they didn't know and act like they were 'sparing me from pain'?"

"Yeah, you're right about that" Dean says "No wonder everyone hates Abnegation"

I laugh and say "I don't hate them, I just think they can be lying, corrupting jerks"

"Wow, yeah that's totally not hate," Dean says sarcastically

I laugh and punch him in the arm and we hop onto the train with the crates. When we get back, we drop off the crates and I tell my mom I'm going to go to Navy Pier for a while. She doesn't ask why, but just says 'Okay'.

I hop on a train and head to the Navy Pier. When I get there I hop off and walk towards it through the grass. When I'm closer to the pier, and the water, I sit in the grass and stare at the flowing water. I then lay down, and close my eyes, falling asleep.

~Four~

Today is the day. Today is the day I get my sister back. Max made us wait for 2 days until going to get her, and it's been killing me ever since. I asked him why I couldn't go alone, and he just said we can't trust the factionless. Now he's making Jake and I go with a few other Dauntless soldiers to make sure it's safe enough.

I walk through the compound and find Jake sitting by the chasm and go up to him.

"You ready Jack?" I ask.

He sighs not bothering to correct me and says "Yeah, I'm ready". I notice he's not excited, even though he's getting his girlfriend back. Still fighting the urge to not punch him for kissing my sister.

"You okay, kid?" I ask him

"Yeah," He says, hesitating. I raise my eyebrows and he says "What if she doesn't, want me?"

"What?" I ask.

"What if she doesn't want me anymore? What if she used her going to factionless as an excuse to break up with me?" He asks.

"You kids are so hard to understand" I sigh, sitting down

"Hey, you asked" He laughs

"That's fair," I say smiling "Listen, kid"

He looks up and I say "Something about my sister is, when she cares about someone, she'll do anything to make them happy. Even if it's at her own expense. It's something Abnegation did to her. She wanted to make you happy, even though breaking up with you would kill her"

Jake nods and I continue "How about we make a bet?"

"What?" He asks

"If Rose decides to not be with you, you give me 10 points. If she decides to stay with you, I give you 10 points" I tell him

"How would you win if she says no? That would just mean everything you were telling me was wrong" Jake says

"Yes, but Rose wouldn't be dating anyone. That's every brother's dream" I joke

He laughs and says "Deal"

"All right then," I say getting up "Now let's go get her" 

Authors Note: Hey guyss! Hope you liked it! Please make sure to comment, vote and share! Love you all! 

-Violet