Chapter 47

(Guys, so I know initiation is coming to an end but I have a MAJOR plot twist planned. Please keep reading, you won't regret it! And yes, I skipped forward 2 days to skip the sims, I felt like it wasn't needed)

The next 2 days passed in a flash. Initiation was now over, and we were waiting for our rankings, which would be announced later tonight. A lot had happened over the last 2 days. Emma and Dean are now together, and I think it's kinda cute. Liam still doesn't know about them being together though, and I don't think he's going to be very pleased, with Emma being his ex and all. 
Jess is doing really well, she had a little break down last night, but she's good now. I haven't seen Liam much around the compound, but when I do I don't make eye contact and ignore him. We're now back in the dorm since Jess is doing better, and so we don't get caught by leaders for staying in an apartment before we're officially dauntless. 

I wake up that morning, earlier so I can have more time for the rest of the day before the results tonight. I have been doing pretty well in the sims, getting out in 4 or 5 minutes at least. Still, I'm nervous about which rank I'll get, since that also determines which job I would get. If I get in. 

I get up and I see Jake already up, so that surprises me. 

"Hey" I tell him getting up 

"Hey" He says rubbing his eyes

"Why are you up so early?" I ask, going over to him

"I don't know I just couldn't sleep" He tells me

"Are you okay?" I ask him, sitting down

"I'm fine" He says smiling, putting his hand on my cheek "How are you feeling about tonight?" 

"Scared" I tell him

He puts down his hand and says "Why, you have the fastest time out of everyone"

"Yeah, but what if it's not good enough?" I tell him. He makes a sad expression and I say "I mean, sure I did good on the sims, but what if the fighting wasn't good enough?"

"Rosemary, you're going to be fine" Jake says pulling me in for a hug. 

"Wow, you must really be serious if you called me Rosemary" I say, hugging him back

He laughs and I say "Oh, I should go shower"

"Okay" Jake says 

"Oh, since it's 5:30, do you wanna go walk around the compound?" I ask him

"Wait but wouldn't all the lights be out?" Jake says

"Yeah, it looks the most beautiful at this time" I say

"Ok, yeah let's do it" he smiles

"Great" I smile back

I grab my clothes and go to shower, being quick so I don't waste much time today. I brush my teeth, comb out my hair, and put on some makeup and then leave the bathroom. Jake's already in a shower as well, so I wait until he's done. No one else is up at this time, so it's just gonna be us walking around. 

When he walks out I say "Ready?" 

"Yup" He says, taking my hand

We walk out the door quietly so we don't wake anyone else and walk down to the chasm. Just like yesterday, the moon is shining in through the glass above us and the entire compound is echoed with the sound of the crashing waves. 

"Wow, you were right" Jake says

"It's beautiful isn't it?" I tell him

"Not as beautiful as you" He says to me 

I smile and lean in and kiss him, and he wraps his arms around my waist and kisses me back. After a few seconds pass we pull away, and I wrap him in a hug. He hugs me back tightly, one hand around my waist and another on the back of my head,  and we stay they for a while. 

"Jake" I say 

"Yeah?" He says looking at me, still keeping his arms around me

"Whatever happens tonight I'll always love you" I say, trying not to cry

"Me too" He says, tears dropping from his eyes. 

I smile and wipe them away and he kisses my forehead. I put my head on his shoulder and we stand like that for a while, before deciding we should keep walking around. When we've walked around most of the compound already, it's already 6:00 AM. We walk back to wait by the chasm, since that's where our friends would most likely meet us. Soon after Katherine comes and slings her arms over mine and Jake's shoulders, from in between us. 

"Morning guys" Katherine says 

"Hey Kath!" I smile at her

"You guys ready for tonight?" Katherine asks

I groan and say "Please don't remind me"

She laughs and says "Okay, okay" and comes to stand beside me. Soon after Jess comes, and so does Jonathan. A little while after Dean and Emma walk in. They all come to stand by us, and just then Liam walks by and Dean has his arm around Emma's waist. 
Liam grabs Deans shoulder and turns him around to face him. 

"What so now we're dating each other's ex's?" Liam asks 

"Didn't think you'd care, seeing how you cheated on her" Dean tells him

"Oh my god, it is way too early for this" I whisper, running my fingers through my hair.

"Oh ok so what, you're gonna date Jess after now too?" Liam says, pushing Dean a little 

"No, because unlike you I don't think about other girls when I'm already with someone" Dean says back 

Liam seems a little thrown off and says "Wow, that's how it is now, huh? We used to be best friends what happened to that?" 

"You became an ass" Dean says, poking Liam and pushing him back a little. 

"You're going to regret this" Liam says, pointing to Liam "And you are too" He says pointing to me. 

"How did I get dragged into this?" I say 

"You're the reason all of this happened in the first place! I'll make you see it" Liam yells at me, then walks away. 

Dean looks at me worriedly and I do the same. What could Liam possibly have planned?

PLOT TWIST IN NEXT CHAPTER!

Authors Note: Hey guys! Thanks so much for reading! Please make sure to comment, vote and share! Love you all! ❤

-Violet