Chapter 48

What could Liam possibly do? I try not to think about it too much, and just continue to stare into the chasm.

"He is such a jerk" Emma scoffs "I don't get why he's so upset about Dean and I dating, it's not like he cared when he was with me"

Dean sighs and puts his arm around Emma, and she puts her arm around his shoulders and puts the side of her face against his. In the beginning, I thought Dean wasn't capable of loving someone, but here we are. The way he looks at Emma, it's like nothing else exists around them.

"Hey, guys!" Uriah calls from behind us

"Hey, Uri!" I say

"Hey!" Everyone else calls

"You guys ready for tonight?" Uriah says

"Nervous," I say

"Same" Katherine says

"I'm just excited," Emma says smiling

"I wish I had that excitement" Jake laughs

I keep my gaze down, still thinking about what Liam said. It's worse now that he's the brother of Peter. I notice that even Dean's acting differently, his mouth is set in a line and his eyebrows are furrowed. I guess Jake and Emma notice us, so they look at each other and then ask if everyone wants ice cream.

"It's 6:15 in the morning, in winter," Dean says

"Okay, then just breakfast then?" Jake asks

"Sure" I smile, appreciating his efforts

We all walk to the dining hall and I get a cup of coffee, while everyone else gets their standard breakfast. I feel a lot more tired today, so I think a cup of coffee will wake me up. When we take a seat, Tobias comes up to our table.

"Hey," He says, sitting next to me

"Hey!" I smile at him "What's up?"

"Nothing, can I not say hi to my baby sister?" He says poking me

"Can't you just say, little sister? " I ask him, jokingly

"I'm sorry I don't hear anything embarrassing in that, therefore cannot use it," He says

I laugh and mumble "Weirdo"

He smiles and says "Are you excited about the results tonight?"

"Definitely not," I tell him

"You'll be fine, you have the top time in your group," He says

I smile and nod, but don't say anything. Just then his friends enter the dining hall and he goes to talk and sit with them. When we're done with breakfast it's 6:45, since we sat and talked.

"What do you guys want to do now?" Jess asks everyone

"I don't know," I say

"How about... We hang out at Millenium Park?" Jake says

"Oo, Memories of capturing the flag" I smile

Everyone else does too and Jess says "It's a plan" while smiling.

----------------------

We leave for the park at 2:00, giving us a few hours before the results at 7:00. We walk through the grass and hop on the train. To our surprise the factionless are inside the car we jump into.

"What do we have here?" A man says

"Oh god" I mumble "We're just going to Millennium Park, we don't want any trouble"