Chapter 32

I wake up the next morning, this time 10 minutes later than normal. When we finally got back yesterday I fell asleep as soon as I hit the bed, and so did everyone else. When we made it to the compound yesterday I found out that Liam and Emma were dating. Emma's kind and shy, but Liam can be rude and outgoing. I hope they'll pull through though.

When I wake up, the same people are already sitting on their beds like every morning except Jake. Today Emma is up too. I get up and stretch a little, and grab some clothes from under my bed.

"Morning guys" I say

"Hey" Katherine says tiredly

"Morning Rose" Emma says kindly

"Morning" Liam says

"Hey" Jonathan says

"Whatever" Dean says

"Did you guys shower yet?" I ask

"Ya we woke up earlier today" Katherine says

"Ok, I'll be out in a little" I say

"Don't you wanna wake up Jake?" Emma asks

"No it's ok, let him sleep. I'll wake him up after he showers pretty fast anyways" I say.

I walk into the bathroom and get into the shower. Today I shower quicker than normal since I woke up later, and comb my hair out and tie it into 2 french braids. I wear a racerback tank-top today with black skinny jeans, and my normal boots.

When I get out Katherine asks "Where did you learn to do that?" pointing at my hair

I laugh and say "A Dauntless girl taught me at school once"

"You have to teach me" she says

"I can do it for you right now, while everyone else showers?" I ask

Her eyes brighten up and I take that as a yes. I smile and say "Let me wake up Jake real quick"

I go over to Jake and shake him a little, but that doesn't do anything since he's a heavy sleeper. I shake him a little harder but he just mumbles something and goes back to sleep. I look over at Katherine confused, and she motions to slap him. I laugh and I shake him harder and say "Jake wake up!". He groans and pulls the blanket over his head. I smile and sit down on the bed to hug him. He wraps his arms around my waist and kisses me on the cheek. After a couple of seconds I let go and say "Come on you have to get up"

"I'm so tired" he says putting his hand on his eyes.

"I know long night yesterday" I say.

I walk over to Katherine and tell her to sit down on the bed so I can do her hair. I grab her comb, which she leaves by her bed, and brush her hair out. Her hair is straight, and mine is kind of wavy, so it's easier to do it on her. I grab pieces of hair and tie them together, forming a long braid on each side.

"There we go" I say "And to make it better do this"

I pull out some small strands of hair from the front and she goes to look in the mirror.

"I love it. Thank you." Katherine says. I smile at her and we wait for everyone else to finish showering. By now it's only 6:30, so we have plenty of time to eat. Today is the last fight, then we get a 3 days break, then it's the next part of initiation. I don't know if I can even take much more. We all walk down together, and get our usual breakfast. This time I can sit next to Jake again.

"Rose, Jake, your win last night was awesome" Emma says

"Oh please. It was nothing" Dean says

"I'm sorry did she not shoot you in the stomach twice? And a third time actually when you tried to shoot her. And you missed, not to mention" Jonathan says, picking at his muffin. Katherine laughs a little but stops to not be rude.