Chapter 31

We stop when we're closer to the marsh and I look out at it. I imagine how beautiful it was with water, and even how beautiful it is now. It's funny how somethings that's so empty, can be extraordinary. When I turn back I see Tobias staring at it too, but he then snaps back.

"Ok Initiates, where should we hide this flag?" Tobias asks

"I propose hiding it on low grounds. They can still see it, but they just won't think to look" Jade says

"Ok where do you think we should hide it then?" Tobias asks

"How about the Millenium park? Under the metal structure?" I volunteer

Everyone nods and Maya says that sounds good.

"Some of us should guard the flag while others go and get Eric's," Olivia says

We all nod again and start to decide who's going to guard and who's going to capture the other team's flag. My stomach turns because I don't want to get shot, but at the same time I know it's not real and it'll end soon.

"Ok I think the tougher people should guard, and the smaller ones can get the other team's flag. Since they're smaller they can run to get the flag faster." Abby says

"Ok, so who'll guard?" I ask

"Well I think Jade, Zach, Olivia, Maya, and Four should guard," Abby says "And then Katherine, Rose, Jonathan, Jake, Aaron and I can capture. No offense guys"

"None taken" We all say in unison.

"Ok, so how do we find the flag?" Katherine asks

I look around and notice the old Ferris wheel. "How about that?" I say pointing "We can climb it". I see Tobias smiling, and I'm confused on why. I'm pretty sure he's scared of heights though.

"Oh that seems like a good idea," Katherine says "2 of us can climb while the others wait on the bottom. Since Rose had the idea she can climb it, we just need someone to go with her"

Although I have a small fear of falling, I think it would be fun to climb anyways. Heights excite me in away. They make me feel like I'm on top of the world. I guess I like them so much because, in Abnegation, I was the few who felt like they were on the bottom. In Dauntless, you can be on top or bottom, it's up to you though.

"Umm," Katherine says "Jake you should go with her".

I look down, at my shoes knowing what's happening. Katherine already knows what happened, what is she hoping we're gonna kiss or something?

"Ok sure" Jake says.

"We should all get going, they should be starting to search soon. Ok, the people who are guarding, start walking to the park and hide the flag. The people who are searching will wait by the Ferris wheel for Jake and Rose to finish climbing." Tobias says

We all nod and go our separate ways. The people who are searching all walk to the Ferris wheel together, and I go to walk next to Katherine.

"I know what you're trying to do" I whisper

"Who Me? I'm doing absolutely nothing" Katherine whispers and smiles

"Haha very funny," I say sarcastically

When we get there Jake and I start climbing up together. I go first and when I'm close to halfway to the 1st platform, Jake comes up as well. We climb in silence and then Jake says "Rose we need to talk"

"Not the best time right now, Jake," I say

"Ok, understood," he says

We keep climbing and when I reach the 1st platform I look out and realize it's not high enough.