day 29

Harold.

Horan.

Wow. You used the "." this time.

Wow. I didn't think you'd answer me

It's quarantine.

My friends are doing their things and I saw your text.

Now I'm curious about why you texted me.

Huh

Nothing important

You can go back to your own business

Niall. Don't do this.

Do what?

I'm not doing anything

Yes, you are.

I know you, remember?

You're pretending it's nothing important.

But I still care about you.

(Surprise.)

I heard that new song by Little Mix

Break Up Song?

It's a good tune.

But it's still not what you really want to talk about.

Am I right?

Not a good idea to tell you what I was thinking, Harry

We're in different countries.

It's not like I'll go straight to your house and punch you in the face.

Even if it's a really, really silly thing.

Tell me. We're still friends.

This is the thing!

I don't think I'll ever be able to be just your friend again

I still-

Never mind

I shouldn't have texted you

Sorry for bothering you, Harry

If honesty means telling you the truth...

Harry...

I heard your album.

It's really good, Niall.

It's so bad that you cannot promote it, though.

Coronavirus sucks.

Coronavirus sucks.

Niall.

Yes?

I'm sorry.

☸☸☸☸

☸☸☸☸

"Hi, Theo.

So, Harry texted me back. We talked a bit. It was weird. We're not exactly the best friends in the world, but we're not acting like strangers to each other. Our past is there, it's present in every single word we say to each other.

I knew I would regret the moment I sent a "Harold" to him. But, in my defense, the thought of Harry answering me and starting a shy conversation never crossed my mind. I didn't think he would ever talk to me again because, in the end of the story, I was the one who had a moment of anger back in 2019. I screamed at his face that I was sick and tired of being neglected by him. I screamed right at his face that I couldn't handle being alone at my home again knowing my boyfriend was out there doing God-knew-what. I was the one who said that I'd rather be single at home than worrying about someone in the same situation. I was the one who thought he didn't care about me.

I was the one who ended everything between us because I thought he would be sorry and I'd forgive him and we'd continue our lives together and stronger. I ended our relationship because I thought he would ask for forgiveness for being absent from my routine. But he didn't say a word. Instead, he packed his things and left my apartment.

He went away because I told him so.

I'm sorry for not giving you the best uncle in the world, Theo. Harold would be the best relative you could ever have in this side of the family.

And I fucked up everything.

Love and regret, Niall."