day 1. [the end]

"Hi, Theo.

So. We're here again.

Harry is laying in the bed. I'm sitting at my desk chair, my laptop with the power on, writing another letter for you. I thought I needed to finish things with you before giving my boyfriend all the attention he deserves from me. So yeah, this will be my last letter for you.

Things were really great for two weeks. Greg left London one day after we picked up Harry in the airport, so we finally had the guts to sit down and clean our dirty laundry. He told me how he was feeling during this whole time. He told me how heartbroken he felt, but that it didn't affect much of his songs because they were 80% done by the time we broke up. He told me how he tried to understand me until the end of the year, and then forced himself to move on. He told me how much he missed me.

We also had sex to make up for all of this shit.

I told him all the things that made me truly believe we wouldn't last forever. I told him I regret every single decision I took in the name of our relationship. I told him that nothing really matters but his presence in my apartment now. I told him that I love him. And he said he loves me back.

And that's it. If you love someone, you do everything you can to show this person how much you love this one. And if he or she loves you back, it's enough. You'll be alright.

In the last Monday, however, the world as we know it suddenly changed. Weeks after the United Kingdom decided to ease things around the streets, the England started feeling the symptoms of a second wave of COVID-19 cases. The numbers went up again.

So, guess what, Theo? We're quarantined again. 

Life is a bitch. Life is such a bitch.

Yesterday we left our home one last time before the lockdown would begin. Harry and I walked around the neighborhood, our hands tied. He was smiling at me all the time. I smiled back every time, too. No one really saw us, since it was midnight and it was freezing outside and we were the only crazy dudes in the street. But it felt warm to be by his side. It felt warm to call Harry Styles mine again. It felt just like the beginning of a new book. And the ending of the first chapter.

Our story is just getting started.

I gotta go. Harry is waking up and soon he'll call out my name and ask for a good morning kiss. You know, this silly boy in the body of a famous rock star called Harold Edward Styles, who happens to be my boyfriend.

Theo, I really hope you liked my letters. Even though some of them may have been silly because I'm a silly dude because of the man I love. Even though I fell into a coma because I couldn't take care of myself. Even though you'll probably read all of the letters once you're 18 years old or something like that. It was a pleasure to share my feelings with someone who would never judge me. No judgement, mate.

Love, Niall."

[author's final notes]

Thank you so much for reading this story. I came up with the concept a week after my city ordered the isolation because of the coronavirus disease, and I really didn't think it would reach so many people. We're finishing "the quarantine diaries" with 4.5k views, and I'm amazed by that. I'm happy for the comments, happy for the votes, happy for all the good things y'all said to me. Thank you. Hope you liked this fiction just as I did!

Also, I have a new story called "seasons of love" in my profile. It's a Narry AU. Check it out.

[end of author's final notes]