5

"Is this City Hospital New Delhi reception I'm talking to?"

"Yes, ma'am. This is Nora Reichard, the receptionist. How can I help you ?"

"I'd like to know the room number of the patient named Tahanniya and visitors time too"

"Hold on ma'am lemme check it"Nora Reichard commands, Maria, the nurse to get Dr Afa on line as she held the call.

"May I know your name ma'am?"

"I'm Isabel. Isabel Bruce" a subtle sounded maiden replied.

"Ma'am its  room no 106 and you can visit anytime between 1'oclock at noon and 6'oclock at evening"

"Thank you"

"Pleasure ma'am " as soon as she broke the call Maria said:

"Dr Afa is on the line"

"Hello ma'am, this is Nora Reichard, the receptionist"

"Tell me, Nora"

"I got a call asking Tahanniya"

"Oh my God! Tha's great ...what did they say? was that a male or a female?" Dr Afa wasn't this elated.

"Isabel Bruce sounded like a girl of age around 19 or 20. She enquired about Tahanniya's room number and visitor's timings. Nothing else"

"It seems like she is coming. If anything related to Tahanniya do let me know"

"Sure Doctor" Nora Reichard was the one to end up the call

Dr.Afa was enhanced as a ray of hope brightened her mind. She felt being solaced.

"Hey, I'm Isabel the one who called half an hour ago" a lanky 18-year-old darky-hued girl who wore a plain black maxi gown with golden linings on the neck, swirling black coloured hair set free stood in front of the reception. 

"Oh yes, ma'm .You have to fill up the visitors register first"

As Isabel finished filling up Nora said: 

"you are asked to meet Dr Afa"

"oh sure where is that?"

"Take the first right then the left.4th cabin"

"Thank you" Isabel left the room and was gaited to meet Dr Afa.

"Dr Afa Neurologist " read the board

"Doctor may I get in?" her subtle sound arose.

"you may please and be seated"

"I'm Isabel came to meet Tahanniya and was asked to meet you"

"yeah..that's me. I wanted to have a conversation with you related to Tahanniya. I hope you understand" Dr Afa began as Isabel took a seat in front.

"Oh, sure Doctor that's why I'm even here."Isabel felt vexed but yet managed to sound bold.

"Who are you to Tahanniya? like, how long you guys know each other?"

"We were best friends. we went to the same institution to acquire 12th grade.I've known her not more than 2 years"

"Doctor, is she all fine? I know I'm late but I didn't know her condition until today morning".

"I understand.Do not worry. We've been with her since all the way"

"The thing is that none has ever came to visit her but you ever since she got in " Dr Afa added.

Dr Afa interpreted Tahanniya's conditioning mentioning RA.

"Retrograde....what??"

"She may not even recognise you" Dr Afa exclaimed.

Isabel's eye swelled up. Her eye droplets began travelling.She felt fragmented.

"There is nothing to worry about. Nothing is permanent" Dr Afa stood up to solace her.

"And there is one more thing bothering me"

Isabel wiped her tear and asked:

"What's that?"

"Where are her parents ? she had been frequently asking me this. I somehow managed by saying this and that" Dr Afa said with desperate eyes.

"What? Her parents?" Isabel's eyes widened and she almost stood up.

"Why do you seem so surprised asking about her parents Isabel?"

"Cause she don't have one" this time Isabel had desperate eyes.