8

"13", Isabel said hiding her book with both her hands sitting on the bed.

"Hey Taana say your number", Isabel was now tired of waiting as they were playing bingo, and Tahanniya was keenly looking into the book.

"Taana? who is that?",Tahanniya said with a facade of disapproval on her face.

"Oh my God!. I'm done with you..I'm done".Isabel stood up to leave.

Tahanniya said nothing but watched her leaving.

A second later Isabel in front of the door her hands on her hips, had an awry face which said," did you just do that?".

"What the hell wrong with you yaar?. I thought you would stop me from leaving. you could have thought of calling me back at least".

Tahanniya then began laughing.

She laughed holding her stomach.

She laughed until her eyes became wet.

"Why should I?. Do you think I'm a fool to do that?", she somehow managed to speak as she was so sagged in laughing.

"You are so mean, yaar".Isabel sat on the bed as she knew there is no way she could attain victory by fighting with Tahaaniya.

"I knew you would come back", Tahanniya said.

The world says perceiving your loved ones isn't possible but here it did. For Tahanniya Isabel was everything she could ask for. Deep inside their heart, they knew they love each other's company in spite of knowing her tragedy which made her completely lost.

Isabel nodded as looked deep into her eyes.

"Taana was your nickname. I used to call you that time ago and you used to call me Issa. Clear?"

"Crystal," she said and then added, "But still how could you call me that? From Tahaniya to Taana.Ughh!.What name is Tahanniya!...wow.The only princess would have a name like this is me".She tapped her hair back letting it fly.

"Princess?".Isabel began laughing.

"You had the longest name, that too without a surname. At school, everyone used to call you that as they couldn't breathe properly after uttering your name.

"I can't call you 'Tahaaniya'.It is so exhausting"

Tahaaniya began beating her, still, Isabel didn't stop laughing.

"Taana?"

"Issa?"

"STOP IT"Tahanniya screamed and was laughing at the same time.

"I don't like fancy names yaar. Don't call me that".Before Isabel could reply they heard screaming "Tahaniyaaaa"

Dr.Afa slammed the door, got in, and said, "Get out! quick...leave the room".

"Excuse me?",Isabel said strifing.

"Quick ! the hospital is on fire".Dr. Afa was breathing heavily which proved she was running.

"Seriously?", they said in unison.

"Damn serious, now get down".

They then climbed the stairs. They saw numerous people doing the same. Everyone was running for their lives.

As they got out of the hospital through the emergency exit, they could smell smoke and everything seemed to be cloudy. It was worse to see people screaming, running, and gulping the water when they got out.

Tahanniya turned around and could sense the seriousness of the situation. She knew the whole hospital wasn't on fire but a few parts of it only until she saw people pointing towards the fire.

They exited through the gate and found them standing beside a road.

Tahanniya looked front and back.

Then Right and left.

And then again left.

Then again left.

Again left.

Left.

She saw a boy approximately of age 20, wore a plain white t-shirt '168' written on it in black colour, She looked at him carefully, very carefully and she x-rayed him as he was talking to someone on the phone, had a band on his hands written the same.

She got perplexed.Worried.Vexed.

"Hey, you?. Before the boy could hear her Afa took both of their hands, she held tightly and said, "This way", pointing towards the right.