23

"The promises we've made me all these things", he massaged her hand warming her. She took it away and made him remain next to her, had an astray facade which hungered for the answer." what do you mean by that?. Now,temme, why the heck shud I attempt err...hmm...??".She couldn't utter a statement next.

Her heart galloped like a horse. The lips trembled like a pine tree in winter. Legs startled like a sky about to shower. Sweat buds made their hikes in her forehead. Brownish bristles refused to fall. Eyes forgot to spark, even to blink. He always knew that this was gonna happen, but waited too long, to not break the promise. All his life, he had never known that, a promise by someone who means the world can change the life all the way, including losing someone who is the epitome of love, Isabel.

"The things you wanna say, but scared. It was because 'a false-memory' which neither I nor you remembers", he pursed his lip ." seriously?.what do you mean honestly?", she was a bit startled by his response. Someone would never cross their mind for hurting themselves that too by a false memory.

"But..I....remember you saying that I tried to injure you. You won't know how much I had gone through after that. But,hmm..you had gone through a lot than I could ever think of. I still cant passive how a false memory led you here".

"What I ..did that..cos..I had a false memory of you harming me?".

"The thing is that you have been under treatment. But still, you had episodes RA-false memories. Often you shouted at me for being reckless and always whimpered things which never happened. The same happened. Your mind knew I'm your loved one. But still refused to make you feel that I'm harm to you. and I still remember the things you said to me before you went hostel that day.That..you hate as you had a false memory of me killing you. Ahem!your false memory!!"

"I was afraid the day I found you soaked on lifeblood. I was terrified that, if I make reach hospital you will be scared guessing you will be still having episodes. I was frightened", his tone was shattered. He never had ever cried in front of a girl. Never in his life. But that isn't a thing to be ashamed of. Men do cry, never matter who is in front. Its the feeling.

All these days Evan was the one who always caressed and wiped the tears. But, now it was all the opposite. His blue eyes had become soggy. Lips refused to speak. Life has happened.

Carrying the diary they exited the house, with so much burden in the heart. As Evan stepped inside the cab, Tahaaniya was looking at the house blinking her eyes like a million times.

"I can't remember any", she steps in as she knew to recollect memories won't work even if those were good or bad. She never expected this past to be known this early, at least that, it was already known by Evan.Evan!

"But...What were the promises?".

"Before I say those, I hope it's done", he closed his for a second and he takes the diary read those lines aloud."1.when RA erases my life, you have to be my present, future and my everything2.when my memories are forgotten, It shouldn't be told, it should be sought." he breaks his gaze from the book and turns towards Tahaaniya." this one promise, was hard. That I made my sister into you. My life into you, cause of this promise. And I'm relaxed that I had nicely done it. Haven't I ?.

Tahaaniya leaned towards as she lied her head on his shoulder, taking his palm she gives him a peck on his palms.

"You have gone too far my love", she mumbles.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"Why did you wanna go hospital now?" he brushed his fingers on her brown bristles and his blue eyes were seamlessly blinking."I've called the girl I met on the beach too. I wanna speak with both Afa and the girl. If Isabel was, here..with me...she would be the one happiest. My heart fragments when I reminisce about her bruised body. poor soul!. And you,these days, to be honest, I always waited that someone would come up to love me, to care for me, the one who was with me all the while in my past.I've always waited. I shed tears. But I never knew, the one I've been waiting for was in front of me. Right in front of me wearing 168 shirts!!!.I never knew!!!."

" My heart went miles and miles finding my past when it was all around me. All around. It was you, Isabel!!!. At first, I felt anger, but now I feel like sympathy for going too far for the promise".

They shared their arms with each other and could hear the heartbeat.

As they got more closer to the hospital, it was silence followed.

Tahaaniya resting her head on his shoulder she caressed her own palms."Eve, what about the other promises?".

"Let it be not revealed!".

Tahaaniya could identify the girl in one go who was Standing in front of the hospital. As the three of them entered, Evan calls Afa who in front appeared almost in 2 minutes.

Describing the whole, was tough for Tahaaniya. But that girl was the most startled as she comes to know it was all figured only because of her that idea to look around Isabel's thing.

"It was hard hiding. But I was relieved that, there is no harm in hiding for good", Afa had a sympathetic facade.

An hour passed by sharing the awareness of hiding, acting, and caring. But when it came Isabel, the four pairs of eyes were moist.

"By the way, the brilliant mind, what's your name?",Afa pointed towards the girl.

"Oh damn, why didn't you tell me your name the first time we met?" she turned towards her.

"You never asked Taana"

"Oh sorry I was in a hurry na!"

"I'm Esther, Esther Brooks and I'm from Kerala".

"Nice to meet you!!", they replied in unison.