The Immaculate One

There she was; Rhea.

She was beastly, a white, dragon-like monster with ivory scales and horns that curled around it's face. It roared in fury upon spotting Byleth and Edelgard, storming over to the two girls. Byleth clutched Edelgard's hand tighter, determination in her eyes.

Rhea was the one who had stolen everything from her...and now she was going to pay!

Byleth and Edelgard ran toward Rhea, slicing their weapons in it's direction. Even though their blades were sharp, they couldn't pierce the tough skin of the Immaculate One.

The flying creature soared above their heads, shooting fireballs directly at them. Byleth rolled quickly, releasing Edelgard's hand as they diverged. Byleth drew a rune with her fingers before unleashing three bolts of fire at the Immaculate One. The flames blasted at the Immaculate One, leaving scorches on it's body. It howled, clawing Edelgard's axe away.

"Black Eagle Strike Force, go!" Byleth commanded, and her students began to rush the Immaculate One. Byleth grinned, proud, and then her and Edelgard joined as well. Dorothea's powerful thunder magic and Bernadetta's arrows struck the flying beast, sending it crashing to the ground.

The rest of the Eagles took advantage of this situation. Caspar rushed forward, eagerly pounding away at the Immaculate One's arm. It swiped at him, sending him flying to the ground...but Linhardt waved his hands, healing Caspar, and the boy jumped right back into the fray. Ferdinand struck it's chest, his lance twirling expertly as he dodged the Immaculate One's fire. As Ferdinand dodged, Hubert's dark magic flew and pierced the Immaculate One. Edelgard's axe swung, tearing off the armor of the beast almost easily.

The creature roared before turning it's whole body, sending everyone flying backward...well, mostly everyone. Petra was nimble enough to avoid it before striking with her bow and her swords.

The creature took to the air once more, unleashing fire throughout the land. Byleth held her coat to cover her nose from the smoke. It wasn't looking good- her Eagles were looking injured from the Immaculate One's brute strength. She narrowed her eyes in concentration- she did not come this far to lose now! She didn't leave Claude for nothing. This was it, this was the final battle...and she was not going to lose!

Byleth unfurled her long Sword of the Creator, winding it backward before releasing the blade. It flashed white before curling around the Immaculate One's neck, and Byleth yanked on her sword handle as hard as she could, sending the creature crashing to the ground once more. Edelgard stood from beside Byleth, throwing a hand axe that lodged itself into the creature's wing.

The monster roared in pain, throwing it's head back. It's wings were damaged from the fall, but the Black Eagles were out of the fight.

Well, except for two.

Byleth and Edelgard panted, facing the creature with all the strength they had left. Fire surrounded them everywhere, and the creature roared once more.

"Give it back!" It screamed maniacally, screeching at Byleth. Neither Byleth nor Edelgard flinched.

"No," Byleth responded furiously. She could only assume the creature was talking about her heart. She scoffed at the idea of giving it back. "You made me a stillborn. You got rid of my emotions...But I changed what you did!" Byleth smiled as she thought of Claude, the boy who had changed her entire life... "I got my heart to beat, and I got my emotions to work! You can't have my heart back, because now, it's truly mine!"

"No!!!"

"When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other..." Edelgard looked at the Immaculate One in disgust. "...There's no need for Gods!"

Byleth glanced at Edelgard, a trusting look in her eyes as she gently took Edelgard's hand. Byleth nodded affirmatively, and Edelgard shouted;

"The time has come!"

Rhea roared once more, firing a stream of flames at them. Byleth and Edelgard separated, dodging the blow. They charged the dragon from opposite sides, determination in their hearts. They leapt upward, and sliced their weapons downward. The Sword of the Creator glowed menacingly while Aymr's blade glinted in the moonlight as they sunk into the Immaculate One's skin.

Edelgard landed on her feet, panting heavily. The Immaculate One roared and staggered backwards, green blood streaming down it's head. It's pupils were white, and it fell to the side with one sad, last grunt.

Rhea was dead.

The cause of her emotionless life, the reason she had no heart beat...she had been vanquished.

Forever.

"It's...It's over," Byleth breathed heavily, letting her Sword of the Creator fall to the ground. She clutched at her beating heart, smiling widely. She turned to Edelgard, embracing her in a hug. "It's over...!"

Edelgard smiled, taking her hand in hers.

"Yes...it is."