Deep End.

I wake up, and feel the sun pouring into the room, but still feel cold. Where is he? I furrow my brows and get up. I go into the bathroom, and brush my teeth, throwing my hair up on top of my head as well. I leave the bathroom, and grab my phone seeing the time. It's eleven, he's probably been up for a long while, he's always up early for some reason. I move down the stairs, and hear his voice already.

    "Jeffrey there's nothing I can do. No there's nothing I can do." He sounds angry... Upset.

    "She's ruining all of it! I cut it off for a reason. She hurt me, I'm admitting it, she hurt me, she made me weak, and I can't-"

    "No. I'm not doing that, I don't care what she tells people, or magazines, I don't care. She isn't with me anymore, I've made it clear, I made it clear that I was seeing someone else the last time I spoke to her." He explains on the phone. I walk into the room, and he sees me straight away.

    "Stop telling me that Jeff.. I know you're looking out for me.. I-.. You're looking out for my future I get that, but I'm looking at my future right now so just leave it alone." He speaks the last words low as he watches me, and ends the call, throwing his phone down on the counter with a loud smack. I walk up slowly to him, watching as he presses his hands to the counter, his eyes shutting.

    "Are you okay..." I ask softly, coming straight up to him.

    "It's not a big deal.." He lies straight through his teeth, and I press my lips together with a sigh.

    "It obviously is a big deal if-"

    "I'm fine... it's not a big deal... I don't want you to worry about it, I mean that.." He's not rough or mean but his words upset me.

    "You don't want me to worry about it, or you just don't want to tell me?"I ask, and he looks at me now, melting softly.

    "Cherry... " He speaks softly, understanding why I'm upset but I just shake my head.

    "I don't need to know everything. I don't ask for much from you, but you don't tell me anything. I don't even know your mothers name... I get being scared. I get feeling like you can't trust someone, but I'm not someone... At least I didn't think I was. I don't need everything... but something would be nice." I speak softly.

    "It's not that simple Cherry.." He speaks from the side, and I give him a look.

    "I know it's not simple. Nothing about either of our lives are simple, but that doesn't mean you have to keep me in the dark about every aspect of your life.... I'm going to go home, I hardly ever go home anymore... If you need me then call me please." I tell him.

    "Cherry, are you... Why are you mad?" He asks and I shake my head.

    "I'm not mad... I don't really get mad. I'm not upset, I'm not hurt, I'm just confused, and I feel like you're feeling that too maybe? Can you please take me home?" I ask softly, and he doesn't answer, just grabs his keys. I run up the stairs, and grab my things, coming back down, going straight to the car. I climb in, and he pulls away from the house. Silence washes over the car, and his grip on the steering wheel is tight, he's keeping both of his hands on it too, not reaching over to me. We drive, and I just keep my eyes forward, hating this silence.

    "You can say you're not upset but I know you are... I'm not... Dammit.. I'm not keeping things from you that-"

    "Harry... I'm not upset, I just don't understand. I don't get it, and maybe I would if you told me anything, but... but you don't." I shrug, keeping my voice calm.

    "You're not part of this world. You're not corrupted by the fame despite the fact that you're surrounded by it, and I... I don't want you to have to experience that.. It's not that I'm keeping things from you.. I just... It's easy to get lost... Sometimes it feels like you're drowning in all of it, and... and  I want to protect you.." He mumbles softly, and though it's sweet it still doesn't make sense.