The Phoenix

Rose's POV

The two boys finally departed from each other after several agonizing minutes of glares and what I'm assuming were harsh words exchanged.
I cringed once I had a better view of their hurt faces. Pete sat protectively close to me while Patrick sat on the other side of me, making conversation. Once him and I finished talking about the events of this week, Pete got up and left, using the excuse 'I need to practice.'
I looked over my shoulder, watching him leave. Odd.
"You can stay here tonight, Flora." My face grew warm at my nickname. I smiled at him, nodding.
Patrick.. He was amazing. My ears tuned out exactly what he was saying and I just admired him. I looked at his light, golden eyes, and up to his soft, sandy brown hair. I got happy just looking at him. He was really intelligent, always teaching me something. I admired him as a person.
Pete, on the other hand, he was also amazing. He always found a way to make me laugh, and he always knew the right words to say. I looked up to him.
Patrick waved his hand in front of my face, shaking my from my thoughts. I gave a quick smile toward him, looking at the wall behind him.
"Have you even been listening to me for the past 10 minutes?" He questioned, and I shook my head honestly in response.
Patrick sighed. "Sorry 'Trick," he perked up a bit at my nickname for him, "I was thinking."
Before he could answer, Pete tapped gently on my shoulder. I turned around and smiled at him.
"So, what are some of your ideas for the band?" I think about the question for a second, and then spill all my ideas on a sound that I would like to hear out of the band.
After discussing with him for a bit, he looked down at his phone and shot a glare in the direction behind me. Someone must've texted him. I went into the kitchen to get a drink, and when I reappeared, both Pete and Patrick were gone. I could hear their raised voices in the bedroom down the hall followed by the sounds of glass breaking.

----------------------------------------------
That's it for tonight! Thanks for reading. Love you all ❤️- Keri