Just One Yesterday

Patrick's POV
Rose stood in front of me, her face level with mine. She looked really amazing right now, but at the same time really broken down.

I just looked at her, trying to find the right words to say.

"Rose-" I started, before she cut me off.

"You should come in," she moved out of the way, letting me pass her.

I sat on the couch expectantly, as if I didn't just come over to talk about how I felt.

I felt like a wimp. I'm not supposed to talk to girls about how I feel.

I trusted her, though. It needs to be let out before I explode.

Flora sat on the couch beside me, looking fully serious as her whole body moved to face me. She looked me over, then laughed. A lot.

"You okay?" I asked, rubbing her back, being careful. I didn't know if we were on good terms in terms of touching.

"Yeah. I was just coming over to talk to you, actually." I still didn't understand what was so funny a couple seconds ago, but I let it go.

"You see, 'Trick," she started, and I smiled when she used her nickname for me, "I never really thought I liked you.

"You were always that friend who was there for me, you always made me laugh and you were overall an amazing person. And I knew that. Everyone who met you knew that. I've never met a more selfless person. You always care about everyone else first. I know you didn't come here to be lectured about how great you are. I just don't think you realize how important you are to everyone. Without you, there is no me."

Flora finished, and I could tell what she said was really from her heart.

I gave her the biggest hug possible and took a deep breath, mustering up the courage to say what I wanted to say.

Rose's POV
I could tell he was a little nervous, his hands were shaking and he was trying to find the right words to say.

I placed my hand over his, signaling it was okay, and I moved my thumb in circles over his palm.

"Rose, you know I care about you. I really hope you aren't too mad at me. I don't want to make things awkward. If we can never be anything more than friends, tell me now so we can go back to how things were."

"I wish I could tell you that," I replied, my lip quivering from my anxiety.

He tilted his head, my words registering in his brain, and I took that as the cue to speak.

"I really want to forget everything that happened last night. I really do. But I can't. You're stuck in my head.

"I enjoy the thought of you, Patrick. I'm just really confused here. I love Pete, I really do. You know I do, and you know he loves me back. He's just not... 'Gentle.' And you are. I don't want to put your hopes up, but I realized that I enjoyed last night with you more than I did Pete, even though we did way less. I enjoyed just the feel of you being there, enjoying my company as much as I was yours. I don't have that with Pete. What I'm trying to say is I'd trade all my tomorrows for just one yesterday."

"So you're saying you just liked when we kissed?"

"No, Patrick," I sighed, letting this out.

"I'm saying I think I'm in love with you." I cringed when I said it. I'm not one to fall in love.

Then, as if on cue, Pete walked in.

---------------------------------------

Ohhhhhh cliffhanger! Haha thanks for reading up to this point, it means a lot. Love you all ❤️- Keri

Instagram: kissxingrazors
Twitter: ChefKholt