West Coast Smoker

Rose's POV
Pete had left to go do Christmas shopping... The day before Christmas. He's such a procrastinator.

It was about 10 am, and I was alone. I was about to catch up on more sleep when there was a knock at the door.

I answered groggily, rubbing my eyes.

Patrick walked right past me, into the small apartment.

"Can I help you?" He turned to face me and cleared his throat.

"I was called upon by Peter Wentz to look after you," I laughed a little at the statement, sitting down.

"Fine."

He sat next to me on the tiny couch, and an awkward silence followed.

"Summer broke up with me."

After a long silence, I turned to face him. I just hugged him, and he reluctantly hugged back.

"I know you don't think so, but I really missed you," he whispered into my hair, and I smiled.

"I feel really bad. I really do. I just want to be your best friend again. I know you probably won't ever want to go on a date with me again, but I hope in the future we can try again. Really," I could hear his throat closing up, and I felt bad.

"Patrick, you're my best friend, you always have been. But as for a date.. I don't know. Pete never left, when you did," Patrick broke the hug and looked at me.

"I understand. I know you he loves you, and I don't want to get in the way of that," his eyes were glazed over.

"Thank you for understanding. I don't know what Pete considers me. I want to go the next step, but I don't know how slow he wants to take things. Apparently pretty slow after 10 years," I chuckle.

"Oh, trust me, Flora. You're a girl he's in love with. He never says that about anyone. Pete talks about you like you were diamonds or something. You're really special to him and I can tell he'll do something. Soon," Patrick smiles at me and my head goes on his shoulder.

I get up and head to the kitchen, I wanted to make cookies for tonight. Patrick was beside me, and I asked him to hand me the flour. Suddenly, flour was thrown all in my face and hair.

"You didn't." I look at the smirking blonde boy holding a sack of flour.

"Oh, I did." I quickly look in the cabinet and get the other package of flour, and fling some at him. Soon we were in an all out war, both white from head to toe.

Both of us were giggling when Pete walked through the door, and he looked at us like we were insane.

"Not going to ask," Pete said, and walked up to his room.

Both Patrick and I shook our heads violently, causing flour to go everywhere.

We laughed and Pete glared at us when he came out of his room, bags gone from his hands.

Soon, Patrick had to get home, and it was just Pete and I hanging out on my bed.

"Rose, can I tell you something?"

I nodded.

"You know I'm in love with you. I never really ask girls to be my girlfriend, and I'm probably not going to. I have something different planned for you. But, you need to know I do care about you. I think you're beautiful, I think you're smart. These past few months have been rough for you, I know. I'm going to stick by your side through all of it, forever," he smiled at me.

Then he kissed me.

This time, all the worries were gone. All the worries about life just faded away.

The kiss was full of love, not lust. It said 'I care about you but I'm not trying to take advantage of you.'

"Merry Christmas, Rose," I smiled at him as he held me.

"Merry Christmas, Pete."

------------------------------------------

Hey guys! The next chapter will be the last chapter!! Ah! I'm so happy to have made this! There will be a sequel! Thank you for reading! Love you all ❤️- Keri

Instagram: atavxnhalen
Twitter: ChefKholt