Patron Saint Of Liars And Fakes

Mystery POV
"I just want you to supervise."

"So, I just need to be sure everyone is where they're supposed to be?" I ask my boss, and they nod.

"That's where the fun part comes in," they chuckle, and leave my house with the slam of a door.

I couldn't do this.

But I had to.

I had to find a way to save her without them finding out.

I debated on it, and called Rose.

Rose's POV
I was shaking. I was scared.

I quickly sat beside Pete on my bed and let the trembling overtake my body. Pete was better in these situations.

I was crying, clinging onto him.

"What's wrong?"

"I think Summer wants to hurt me.. And I think she wants to hurt Patrick."

Pete let out a quiet gasp and stood up, pulling me up with him.

"We should go see Patrick," he said to me, and I shook my head.

"I'll go later, I want to be alone."

"Call me if you need anything. Love you." And with that, he was out the door.

The door clicked shut, and I had this constant, uneasy feeling in my stomach.

The phone rang, and I answered hesitantly.

"Rose?" A familiar voice was on the other end and I smiled.

"Yeah?"

"Are you at home?"

"Yes." I said happily, thinking they were coming over, so I went to brush my hair.

"Okay. And by the way.. I'm really sorry, I love you."

The line went dead.

Now I was scared.

Pete's POV
I got an urgent call from a blocked number on the drive to the hospital, so I decided to answer.

"Pete, this is important. Please listen." Whoever this person was, they were using a voice modifier. I sighed and they took that as a signal to continue.

"If you want Rose to live, you need to listen to me."

I drove into the hospital parking lot and hit the brakes, giving them my full attention.

"What do you mean 'if I want her to live?' Is she okay?"

"She's fine, for now. Just listen to me. In exactly 2 hours I need you to call Rose and tell her to hide. I can't give too much away, but I'm on your side. Do not tell anyone that I called you. Be sure it is exactly two hours, no more, no less. People, bad people, will be looking for her. You need to think of a place she can hide that is inside her apartment. She can't leave, or.. She just can't leave. Be sure she stays in that apartment and doesn't hide until 2 hours from now. Do not call her, text her. Be sure her phone is on silent. Make sure she makes no noise, and talk her through it."

I took it all in.

"Okay," I finally replied, anxious.

"Pete, I'm counting on you." The voice said. I couldn't tell if it was male or female, but by the way they were talking, I think I had a clue.

Patrick's POV
I was surprised to see Pete enter the room, immediately giving me hug. I was grateful, it was getting pretty lonely around here. I had a concussion and a broken leg, so I was really grateful at the fact I would be walking in a matter of days.

"Hey, Pete."

"Hey." His leg was shaking and his voiced cracked. He was looking around the room as if he was nervous.

"No, Rose is in trouble. I think she might die."

My eyes widened and I sat up quickly, making a huge pain emerge from the back of my head.

"Peter. What the fuck are you talking about?"

"Someone just called me secretly and explained how I could save Rose's life. I don't know if I should trust them or not," he sighed and I could tell he was stressed.

Pete looked down at his phone and gasped, running out of the room, not before shouting "Gotta go!"

I was alone again, and I felt so useless.

My best friend was going to die.

------------------------------------

Hey guys! Longer chapter and a cliffhanger!! Woo. Love you all ❤️- Keri

Instagram: atavxnhalen
Twitter: ChefKholt