Chicago Is So Two Years Ago

Pete's POV
A text from the mystery person made me get up and leave the hospital. I felt bad for Patrick, but he would understand.

Blocked Number: Warn her now. The men are coming early.

I quickly texted Rose.

To Rose (from Pete): Go upstairs into the tiny hidden attic. Now. Do not tell anyone you are up there or make any sound until I text you again. You will understand later. I love you.

I sighed, quickly getting another text from the person before.

Blocked number: The men will be there in about thirty minutes. You need to be there before they do, with lots of help. Bring lots of other people with you. You will need people to barricade the door, they should be armed. Also, if they somehow get into the apartment you will need to have police get there. This part is crucial: be sure to call police after the men get there. If they show up and they see police, they will escape and come another time when you are not prepared. This is your only chance. Good luck.

My heartbeat quickened and I thought frantically about what to do. I sent a text to all the guys telling them to meet me at Rose and I's apartment, and they all agreed. Second, I ran back into the hospital and filled Patrick in on what was going on.

He got out of bed as fast as possible and had to use crutches to walk, but that in no way slowed him down. He was free to leave whenever he wanted now, so I was really lucky.

We made our way to the house and Andy and Joe were already there. I filled them in on what happened and they seemed pretty shocked, but we had no time for talking. Patrick and Joe wanted to be inside, so Andy and I stayed outside and waited for "The Men" to come.

I was trembling inside, and I shot Rose a text asking if she was okay.

Rose: I'm okay. I'm up in the attic on the window ledge. It's outside the building out of view of anyone inside.

Thank goodness she was okay. I sighed a sigh of relief.

Then the elevator door opened.

Rose's POV
I was shaking. I was so scared. My breath caught when I heard the door in the attic open.

I hoped it was Pete.

It wasn't.

Instead, I was surprisingly met by my sister, Grace.

"I came to comfort you," her voice said, like she knew I was in here. I was out of view, so how did she know I was here?

"Grace, I'm scared."

"It'll be okay. There are people here to hurt you. Stay out there and stay quiet, you'll be okay," her words comforted me, and I sighed.

"Don't leave me."

"Rose, I'm staying right here. We both have to be quiet, or-" she was cut off by the sounds of yelling outside the apartment.

"They're here, sh." She whispered, and my breathing became more rapid.

What if they hurt her? She's in full view and she looks a lot like me. I'm scared.

Pete's POV
Two men stood in front of Andy and I. We stood our ground, but I was unarmed and scared. I didn't own a weapon.

"Move." They said in unison, and they quickly pushed us out of the way. They were strong.

"Call 911." I told Andy, as I ran inside after the men who were rummaging through the house, looking for Rose.

All of our attempts to tackle them or restrain them failed. They were huge, like Giants on steroids. It was almost comical how large they were compared to us.

I could hear faint sirens in the distance.

I heard the opening of a door on the ceiling.

They found the attic.

I almost screamed and the four of us held the guys back as best we could. There was a girl there, Rose's sister, trying to calm the men down. What was she doing here?

Fortunately, Rose was hidden very well. I knew exactly where she was, since I've been out there many times. From where she was, she could see us, but we couldn't see her. I sighed a sigh of relief as the men turned to walk out.

"Put your hands up!" The police entered the apartment, climbing up into the attic.

Rose's POV
I heard the police, and I mentally thanked everyone. Before they could ascend the ladder fully, the two men with no names looked at each other and shrugged, smirking. They turned back to the person on the floor and shot them right in front of me. They were then taken into custody by the police.

But there lay my sister.

Dead.

-----------------------------------------

Hi guys! Sorry for the horrible chapter omg. Thank you all for over 2k reads!!!!!!! It means so much to me. Love you all ❤️- Keri

Instagram: atavxnhalen
Twitter: ChefKholt