20 Dollar Nose Bleed

Rose's POV
It was her.

I couldn't even say her name.

I remember when they dated, back when we first met.

They dated for a year, until she left him for someone else.

I was the one there for him after that, comforting him, trying to cheer him up.

And of course she never liked me after that.

Now here she is, 7 years later.

I gritted my teeth and looked at the fake girl before me, she had way too much spray tan on and a smile too happy for my liking. It was fake, of course.

I pressed my lips together as I watched Patrick's eyes roam over her body.

Ew.

"Hello, Rose," she said to me in her overly-sweet voice.

"Hi," I said, putting on my best fake smile.

"So, Patrick," she started, batting her stupid fake eyelashes at him, "what are you up to?"

"Uh," he seemed at a loss for words, and that was when I knew.

She had him.

Patrick's POV

Man, I forgot how pretty summer was. Wow.

I tilted my head at her, making conversation when I heard rustling next to me.

Rose's POV
I got up and left.

When I looked back, Patrick was watching me, but I didn't care. I walked the whole way back to my apartment, walking in, and saw Pete sitting there, practicing the bass.

I forgot we shared an apartment. I completely ignored him, and went to my room, shutting the door softly.

I crawled into bed and then let all the tears that I had been holding back fall.

I was sobbing quiet loudly, but I didn't care.

Pete's POV
Rose rushed in, took a glance at me and seemed surprised. Before I had a chance to do anything, she rushed to her room and shut the door. Weird.

I could hear the muffled sounds of crying and I knew something was wrong.

I walked in without knocking, because I knew she would lock the door if I did.

"Rose? Are you-" I stopped my sentence once I saw her crying, shaking body at the foot of her bed.

She does this sometimes, and if I don't get to her fast enough, it'll turn into a full blown panic attack.

I walked over and sat next to her, pulling her body close to mine. I rocked us back and forth silently, holding her hand to show her I was there.

I really cared about her, I really loved her.

I don't care if she didn't.

She was now asleep, hopefully.

"I love you," I whispered to her.

"I love you too," she replied, and I smiled.

I was happy.

Rose's POV
It felt nice to have Pete's comfort.

He never asked questions, which made me feel grateful, because I wasn't willing to talk about anything right now. I was halfway asleep, and I heard him tell me he loved me. I said it back, and fell asleep immediately after, feeling much better.

-----------------------------------------

Hey guys! Omg so much romance in this chapter I feel so sappy. Thanks for reading this far, it means so much! Love you all ❤️- Keri

Instagram: atavxnhalen
Twitter: ChefKholt