Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying

Pete's POV
I woke up in an unfamiliar bed. I looked next to me to see a full head of dyed read hair, and all the memories of last night came flooding back to me.

Rose was asleep, and this time we were both clothed.

Thank god.

She looked so at peace with herself right now. It at least made me happy to know that, for once, I could help her calm down.

I know I may have been kind of an asshole to her, but sometimes she gets me like that.

Rose just confused me. Sometimes she wants me, sometimes she wants Patrick, and it just hurt. I swear, if he hurt her, I'm going to fuck him up.

I know she cares about him.

I'll talk to her about it, soon enough.

Rose's POV
I woke up slowly, stretching my arms before my hand bumped into something. It was Pete's arm.

I sigh to myself, sitting up and remembering all the details of yesterday, groaning.

"Morning, Sunshine," Pete's surprisingly happy voice says to me, and I flash a quick smile in return.

"Okay, so please don't be angry about this, but Patrick took me on a date yesterday," I say to him in one breath.

A grimace appears on his face, but he let me continue.

"And Summer showed up. You know what happens when she's around," I press my lips together until they go white, and look at him.

Pete looks really furious, and I put my hand on his shoulder, attempting to comfort him.

He looks at me, and breathes in deeply.

"Rose." Pete says, calmly now.

"Some people mess up. You know that. They fall for the wrong people, sometimes they fall for the right people. They get distracted from what's really important and I'm afraid that's happened to Patrick. I hope he comes to his senses, because if not he's missing out on an amazing, beautiful person." He finishes, and I nod and hug him.

"Thanks, Pete." (A/N still laughing)

Then he kisses me.

This time, I don't fight it. I don't have doubts, and I don't have to worry about how I feel about it. I just let it happen, no feelings involved.

Unfortunately, the band was coming over today, and Patrick would be there.

Pete's POV
It was now late in the afternoon, and the guys would be over any second.

I had Rose in my arms. She seemed awfully close to me lately, but that's probably because she needed a distraction.

And I didn't mind being her distraction.

There was a knock at the door, and I got up to answer it, Rose trailing behind. The guys all walked in, first Joe, Andy, then Patrick, who was holding hands with some girl. Then it clicked. It was Summer, the whore who he dated all those years ago.

Please don't tell me she got him again.

"Hey, Pete," he said to me, a happy grin on his face. "I think you remember my girlfriend, Summer."

So they were dating again.

Rose's POV
Girlfriend.

That word hit me like a ton of bricks.

It hasn't even been 12 hours!

Wow, okay.

I gripped Pete's hand, and he turned around. We both sat on the couch, making conversation with Andy and Joe, and I felt very uncomfortable.

Summer was sitting right next to me.

"Uh, Rose, can I have a moment with you outside?" She asked me, and I knew I was in trouble.

---------------------------------------

Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter, there will be more soon! Love you all ❤️- Keri

Instagram: atavxnhalen
Twitter:ChefKholt