Alone Together

Patrick's POV
I have to admit, I was jealous of Pete. Flora has only spoken maybe 3 sentences to me in these 3 days. And I understand she cares about Pete, but she needs to sleep. I'm just worried about her. She needs to come home.

Rose's POV
Ever since I saw Pete at the hospital, I never left. Not even once.

Patrick brought me new clothes to wear every day, and I appreciated him for that.

I stayed at the hospital all day and all night, since they knew we were close, they let me stay.

I've slept about 4 hours in three days.

He's moved more, but no eye movement.

I really miss him. Honestly, I know he may have taken advantage of me a little that one night, but I still love him. I'm not going to lose feelings for him.

Pete and Patrick both have my heart and I can't make up my mind.

It was midday on a Monday, and I haven't taken my eyes off him.

I've told him everyday how much I miss him, and how much I love him. I just hope he hears me.

Pete looked so peaceful right now, my hand was on his cheek and I placed a small kiss on his forehead.

"Pete, I miss you. I hope you wake up soon. Everyone's missing you. I haven't left here since I knew you were like this. I'm not going to until you wake up. Please wake up," my voice cracked at the end and I feel like he heard what I said, although I couldn't be sure.

He squeezed my hand.

He didn't just move his fingers, his whole hand squeezed mine.

I needed him. Pete was so important to me. We have so many memories.

I decided to say it, since no one else was here.

"Pete, I'm still really in love with you. I've been avoiding you a lot, and I feel really bad. I'm just scared. You're really reckless sometimes, and I don't think someone like that could work for me. But at the same time, you're a really caring person.

"I just think I was upset when I slept with you, so I ran to Patrick, and I realized that he's softer on the outside. I liked that about him, so I fell for him before I was even over you.

"Patrick is a distraction."

I finished, and I almost cursed at how bad that sounded.

Pete's POV
What she said warmed my heart, then broke it all over again.

Rose doesn't need a distraction from me.

I'm not sorry for anything I did to her.

I was sorry that she felt like she needed to run to someone else.

Whenever life hits her with hardships, I would always be the first one to hear about it, the one able to help her through it.

Now I'm one of her hardships, and she's going to Patrick to help her get over me.

The thing is, I will never be over her. Ever. I want to be her distraction from the world.

I just want to be hers.

------------------------------------

Hey guys! So glad you're enjoying this, I'm having a great time writing it. Love you all ❤️- Keri

Instagram: kissxingrazors
Twitter: ChefKholt