What A Catch, Donnie

Rose's POV
It was a Tuesday morning, 4 days since the attempt.

I've been awake since 6 am, partly because I don't want to miss when Pete wakes up, and partly because hospital chairs are really uncomfortable to sleep on.

I've laid down with Pete more than once since he's been here, I like the feeling of him being close to me and also it's the only way I can sleep comfortably.

The staff here has assumed I'm Pete's girlfriend, I've just laughed it off and pretend I didn't hear.

Right now, it was 6:30 am. I was sitting in a chair beside his bed, half asleep.

I sighed, and I decided to talk to him.

"Hey, Pete," I whispered, my hand smoothing down his hair.

"I miss you, buddy. I really miss our friendship. Your bed is so empty, I can't go home until you wake up. It'll break my heart. Please wake up. Please," my throat closed up, and I took a couple deep breaths.

Pete's POV
Even though I was dreaming, or unconscious or something, this all felt so real. I was more aware than I was before, I cod now hear everything clearly.

So when Rose said that, I moved my fingers, and tried with all my might to move my eyes, at least from inside my eyelids.

They moved.

I now had feeling there, so I did it once more.

They opened.

Rose's POV
Pete's eyes opened.

"Pete," I said, almost breathless at how happy I was.

"Hey, Rose. I missed you. How long have I been asleep?" He asked, and I shook my head at how clueless he was.

"4 days. You've been in a coma for 4 days."

Patrick's POV
I was angry. Rose was almost purposely ignoring me unless she needed something, and I was tired of it.

She always liked Pete, it was only until he hurt her that she turned to me.

I am not a distraction.

I tried. I tried for almost 10 years to somehow get her to be with me for no other reason than she wants to.

I got the call from Pete's sister that he was awake, and I quickly drove to the hospital.

As the elevator ascended the 3 floors, I was thinking about her. I wanted her, but not like this. My thoughts were interrupted as the door opened.

I walked up to Pete's room, knocking quickly before opening the door. I looked up at Pete's hospital bed before turning around and walking out.

I wish I hadn't seen that.

---------------------------------------

Hey guys! Thanks for reading this far, I really enjoy writing this. Love you all ❤️- Keri

Instagram: kissxingrazors
Twitter: ChefKholt