I'm Like A Lawyer...

Patrick's POV
I turned around to get one last look at Rose, but she was already looking at me.

I've only seen that look twice.

First when I told her Summer broke up with me all those years ago, and when she heard that Pete was potentially dead.

It was a mix of hurt and anger, something that I didn't like.

I pushed the want to hug her down, and gripped Summer's hand as I walked away.

Rose is going to hate me.

Pete's POV
Rose seemed so stressed, her best friend is walking out on her.

Again.

It made me angry because when Patrick had his mind in the right place, he could be the sweetest, most caring guy in the world.

But right now he was being just the opposite.

I wrapped my arms around her, trying to comfort her somehow, and the guys said encouraging words which seemed to cheer her up a bit.

"Summer is a manipulator. She's going to break his heart, again. But if that's the only way he'll learn, so be it. She isn't even worth his time," I say to her, and she smiles.

"I know. It just feels like he's choosing her over me, which he is, and that hurts." Rose says to me, her voice cracking in the middle of her sentence.

We all sigh, seemingly at the same time.

Patrick will come around again, hopefully.

Rose's POV
Once all the guys were gone, I said goodnight to Pete and went to my room, turning on my phone and dialing the familiar number.

Grace's POV
"Hello?" I question as I pick up the phone. It's like midnight. Why is someone calling me?

"Hey, Grace," my sister's tired voice rings through the phone.

"Rose? Are you okay?" I ask, she usually doesn't call at this time.

"Yeah, sort of. Patrick's with her again." She let out an exasperated sigh, and I knew exactly what she was talking about.

"I'm really sorry. I'll be over tomorrow night and we can hang out. You deserve better," I say, trying to comfort her.

After chatting a little, we hang up.

I felt really bad, she didn't need this.

Rose's POV
After hanging up, Pete knocks on the door separating my room from his.

We never really had enough money for our own apartments, so we collected enough money to share. This was early 2004, though. I never thought I would catch feelings for him. Things happen, though.

"Yes?"

Pete enters, looking exhausted.

"I'm taking you somewhere tomorrow. It won't really be a drive. Don't ask where, just be ready early, okay? It'll be fun. Goodnight, Rose."

"Okay, Pete. Goodnight."

"Oh yeah, Rose? This is a date, by the way."

----------------------------------------

Hey guys! Exciting chapter coming up, hope you all enjoy. Love you all ❤️- Keri

Instagram: atavxnhalen
Twitter: ChefKholt