Young Volcanoes

Rose's POV
I decided to just go for it.

"Sure, sounds fun." I said, smiling a little.

"We're going to the park, I know it might sound silly but it's where we first met," Patrick said to me, and I nodded, remembering.

Flashback:

I was supposed to meet Pete here at the park today, it was a crisp October day in 2004.

I looked up to see a cold Pete and another boy standing beside him, considerably shorter. I looked him over.

He was really cute, he had short, soft hair that was a sandy blonde color, along with blue/green eyes and a pale complexion.

"Hi, I'm Rose," I said to the boy, standing up and shaking his outstretched hand.

"Patrick."

I felt a blush arise as I realized I still hadn't let go of his hand, and I quickly pulled my hand back toward my body.

We all planned to head back to Pete's house, and so we walked back on the sidewalk, me in the middle, and Patrick and Pete on either side of me.

There were crunchy leaves on the ground, and me, being a childish 18 year old, decided it would be fun to walk out of my way and step on every one of them. Patrick joined me, both of us laughing together, and I knew we would get along great.

End of Flashback.

I smiled to myself at the memory, and looked over at Patrick. He was already looking at me, which caused me to smile even more.

Patrick was sitting next to me now, allowing my head to lay on his shoulder.

"Patrick?"

"Hm?"

"How long have you, you know, liked me..?" Silence filled the air after I asked that, he was either thinking or didn't want to answer.

"Since October 21st, 2004," he says, not a hint of doubt in his voice. I laugh at how he remembered the date.

"It's been a long time," I mutter, since it was now early 2012.

"Yeah, and my feelings never went away, if you ever think so," he says to me, his chin resting on my head.

*******

We were now off to the park after a few minutes of nostalgia.

Patrick stops the car, gets out and opens the door for me, and walks hand-in-hand with me to the entrance of the gigantic park.

I actually enjoy this.

Patrick's POV
I was laughing and having a great time with Flora.

It all ceased when I looked up.

"Patrick!" I hear a voice, way too high for my liking, call out.

Summer.

My ex was standing right in front of us, and I looked over at Rose.

She knew.

------------------------------------------

Okay guys! Sorry about the really bad quality of chapters lately! I'm having pretty bad writer's block. I'll try and update as much as possible! Love you all ❤️- Keri

Instagram: atavxnhalen
Twitter: ChefKholt