Disloyal Order Of Water Buffaloes

Rose's POV
After we had been talking for a little while, I felt like I was in the clear to talk about more personal issues.

"Pete," I started, "why didn't you talk to me first?"

"You know I've been depressed for a long time. I've been planning so do this since-" he paused. Pete shook his head, and restarted. Almost like he was keeping something from me.

"I've only wanted to go this far recently. If I told you, you would've just prevented me from doing it, and that wasn't what I wanted. I didn't want help like all those other times. I just wanted to do it, no questions asked," he said, nodding to himself, like he was trying to convince himself.

"But you didn't have to tell me about your suicide plan, why not just tell me the problem that you're going through? I could help, maybe," I suggested, tilting my head.

Pete leaned up in his hospital bed, moving closer to me.

"Because you're the problem."

I could physically see his expression change- it was angry now.

He blinked back what I think were tears and kept talking.

"You see, I don't think I did anything wrong. I didn't. We were both drunk, and it didn't seem like you regretted it much in the morning," he told me, his voice cold and harsh, not smooth and sweet like it was a few minutes ago.

I took a deep breath and let his words repeat in my mind. I was the problem. I made him do this. My fist clenched and unclenched repeatedly as I tried to figure out what to say, or do.

"I didn't regret it. I would do it again if I could. Just not like that," I told him. If I were to ever be that close with Pete again, I would want it to be when I'm sober. When I'm fully aware of what's happening and not allowing alcohol to make my decisions.

"Then why would you do it? You made me think there was actually something between us. I actually believed that there was a connection!" His voice was yelling now, and it was scary. Pete can be intimidating sometimes, but he never yelled at me. Ever.

I shrunk back a little, my breathing quickening.

"I don't know, Pete. Maybe ask the multiple cups of alcohol that I was drinking that somehow made me believe that you aren't an asshole," I spat back.

I regretted that, but I was too angry to care.

He couldn't just talk to me like that.

Pete moved closer to me, looking directly in my eyes.

I was scared, but I didn't show it.

He was the person I would turn to when I was scared. Now he's scaring me. Ironic.

Patrick's POV
I heard yelling even before I knocked on the door. I knew Pete yelled often, so it didn't phase me.

But when I heard Rose's quiet voice respond, I knew she was in trouble.

Rose's POV
"Rose, you're so unromantic." Pete said to me, making me roll my eyes.

Maybe I would be more romantic if you acted like you wanted romance.
I thought to myself.

Then, he kissed me.

Really lightly, on my lips. I didn't kiss back, and I was about to pull away from him when I heard the slam of a door.

Patrick.

-----------------------------------------

Hey guys! I really hope you're still enjoying reading this story as much as I'm enjoying writing it. Love you all ❤️- Keri

Instagram: kissxingrazors
Twitter: ChefKholt